PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News

popo
08-25-2004, 06:52 AM
The quad thiefs in central Ohio are back at it again.

Our swat unit busted a quad theft ring this morning.

Guess what the most stolen quad was ????

TRX450R siz where from a dealer thou.

Keep them locked up.

sn0wrider
08-25-2004, 07:42 AM
hmm, where at in ohio.. i live in austintown you kno where that is popo?

08-25-2004, 08:00 AM
If there not locked up get insurance on them, cuz your home owners will NOT cover your quad if it's stolen...:cool:

08-25-2004, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by Rico
If there not locked up get insurance on them, cuz your home owners will NOT cover your quad if it's stolen...:cool: hmph..i always thought they would cover it

400exmom
08-25-2004, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
hmph..i always thought they would cover it yup.. if it has its own title it has to have its own insurance..

bulkdriverlp
08-25-2004, 09:51 PM
if ur garage is attatched to the house, most insurances will cover contents, just have enough coverage. and a off-site kept video helps too!!

Juggalo
08-25-2004, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by Rico
If there not locked up get insurance on them, cuz your home owners will NOT cover your quad if it's stolen...:cool:

mine did :D

spincr4hire
08-26-2004, 08:10 AM
Its kind of stupid that some insurance companies won't cover a quad on a homeowner's policy, even if its in an attached garage when it gets stolen. Lets see, they will cover my big screen tv (which is on wheels also) but not my quad. WTF?

08-26-2004, 08:16 AM
Will home owners cover it if it is in pieces? like say you have a couple of extra motors laying around, will home owners cover that? I know someone that called for insurence on his quad and they told him as long as the motor was not in the quad it was covered.

cool 300ex
08-26-2004, 09:25 AM
Dang it them quad thefs are starting to get closer to PA dang it no!!!

Foxyangel0425
08-26-2004, 09:27 AM
We have separte insurance on our quads. Its pretty cheap. We got it through State Farm agent in Ohio

300exOH
08-26-2004, 10:55 AM
The only way you can get an atv covered under homeowners insurance is if the quad is used to service the property. You may need proof though like a photo of you pulling a mower or checking fences, etc... I believe the vehicle would ONLY be covered when it is ON the property though.

Otherwise you have to take out a seperate atv policy.

Guy400
08-26-2004, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by 300exOH
The only way you can get an atv covered under homeowners insurance is if the quad is used to service the property. You may need proof though like a photo of you pulling a mower or checking fences, etc... I believe the vehicle would ONLY be covered when it is ON the property though.

Otherwise you have to take out a seperate atv policy. This is correct. When 2 of my quads got stolen they were not covered by homeowners we didn't have seperate policies on them. They told us if they were used for property maintenance they'd be covered but we'd have to have proof (i.e., mowers, plows, etc.).

CHAR250R
08-26-2004, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Juggalo
mine did :D

Mine did, too. Your best bet is to call your insurance company to find out the facts. Get it in writing!!! If there is a way for your insurance company to wiggle out of paying for your $7000+ quad, they'll find it. Sometimes I wonder... who's the bigger scumbag is. The thief or the insurance company?

popo
08-26-2004, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by CHAR250R
Mine did, too. Your best bet is to call your insurance company to find out the facts. Get it in writing!!! If there is a way for your insurance company to wiggle out of paying for your $7000+ quad, they'll find it. Sometimes I wonder... who's the bigger scumbag is. The thief or the insurance company?

The judge and the insurance company.

TC426EX
08-26-2004, 10:10 PM
wow, so you rounded at least a few of em up huh, thats good to hear. keep those losers out of OH!!!!

08-27-2004, 12:06 PM
Did you actually catch the *******s or just find all the quads?Be nice if you got some of them behind bars.

Does anyone know how they work? Do they scope the area out for a few weeks. They obvisouly know which houses to hit to get quads.