PDA

View Full Version : throttle cable

Dienamo111
04-06-2002, 06:25 PM
there was a guy talking about a throttle cable mod, he said you can adjust it to open its full capacity. In the article he also said that the factory throttle cable only allows the bike to open up about 80% of its output.

IS THIS TRUE????????????????? help!:huh

04-06-2002, 11:25 PM
sometimes it is, its been true on a couple newer hondas ive done this on before, IMO its worth it to check, i love free horsepower!

redzoomer
04-07-2002, 04:53 AM
How do you check to see if this is true on your machine? I have never had my Carb off.

04-07-2002, 07:41 PM
take the airbox off, look down the carb while someone hits the gas (not running!) you will be able to tell

SUPERFLY 400
04-07-2002, 07:55 PM
You don't need to take your carb off. Just take the clamp off at the rear of your carb and take the air box assembly off. Look inside the carb and watch the plunger. Open your throttle to wide open and observe the plunger. With the throttle still held at W.O. take a screwdriver and gently lift up on the pluner if it moves upward, you need to adjust the cable at your throttle lever. Stop just before your plunger hits the top. Otherwise you risk stretching out your cable. I think your suppose to have 1/8" of freeplay but dont quote me (get a service manual).

I had the same problem. My throttle cable was screwed all the way in. I had to adust it approx. 1/2".

Hang on, you will feel the difference:D