PDA

View Full Version : Where to order works shocks?

ATVer14
04-06-2002, 06:04 PM
Alright, I'm going to be ordering some Works A-T Steelers w/out rezzies for my 300EX on monday. My question is, where should I order them from. I've done some research, and I've come up with this list of companies to order from:

K&K ATV- $339.99
Ronnies Mail Order- Call for pricing
Shoc Connection- $329.99
Moto-Man- $319.99
Works Performance- $329

I'm leaning towards either Ronnies or just ordering them from Works themselves. I don't know why K&K has the shocks listed for more than they cost from works, and I don't know about Moto-Man, I havn't heard too many good things about them. I've never heard anything about Shoc Connection, how are they to deal with? If I ordered my shocks direct from Works, is it better? Will they set them up better than if I just called somewhere? I'm only 16, so 300 some odd dollars is a lot of money to me, so I don't want to spend it somewhere that I'll get ripped off. Thanks for your help!

sly400ex
04-06-2002, 07:13 PM
Call up marcums's, Terry will give yo a very good price. Rico, whats his www address?

ATVer14
04-06-2002, 07:20 PM
I didn't think Marcum's carried 300EX shocks. That was the whole reason I went looking for another place to buy them from. Their website is www.motorcycle-atv-pwc.com If Marcum's has them in stock, I might think about getting them from there then. I also have one more question:

If I order direct from Works, will it take longer to get them than if I just ordered them through a mail-order company?

Thanks again

sly400ex
04-06-2002, 08:03 PM
You should actually get them quicker if you order them directly from works. When I talked to Terry at Marcum's, he had to put the order in at works himself, wait for them to deliver them to him and then he sent them to me. I would think you would get them about a week faster. Hope this helps!

Guy400
04-07-2002, 06:21 AM
Give our present site sponsor a call, they sell Works shocks as well.

ATVer14
04-07-2002, 07:45 AM
Yea, I'm talking to the QuadShop right now. With my EXriders discount, I can get them for $319, which sounds like a deal. I just have to wait 2 weeks to get them, which shouldn't be too bad. So I think I'm going to get them from him. By the way, Jeff@QuadShop is the greatest guy to deal with. I've been PMing him question after question, and he always finds time to answer my question. Even if his prices wern't that low, the service there would be enough to make me buy from him again.

Jbelknap21
04-07-2002, 08:01 AM
my friend got his from dennis kirk, they were 298$ i believe, and dennis kirk doesnt charge for shipping either so thats the way i would go with it.

Joe

ATVer14
04-07-2002, 08:09 AM
No, Dennis Kirk has them for $329, they must have changed their prices.