PDA

View Full Version : new pipe, change what jets?

kx254
04-06-2002, 05:59 PM
I have a new fmf powercore 4 pipe, and I was wondering what jets I should change, and change them to what?Thanks!

kx254
04-06-2002, 10:44 PM
help

04-07-2002, 09:08 AM
hey man i was in the same situation a little while ago when i was in the market for a pipe, filter and jet kit. I ended up going with the dynojet kit because my mechanic said that he had worked with them on streetbikes a lot and he said that it would add more, smoother power than just replacing the main jet with a bigger one. If i were you i would get the k&n power-up kit. it comes with the filter, jet kit and a recharge kit. The nice thing about the dynojet/k&n kit is that it comes with instructions telling you what to do based on your mods and altitude. I think you should just get the kit and follow the instructions... its really simple, the instructions take all of the guessing out of it. If you are not "mechanically inclined" i would just bring it to your mechanic or local honda shop so that they can change them for you. just make sure to tell them before hand what mods you have and if you live really far away from them what altitude you are at. Hope this helps!

400exJOE
04-07-2002, 11:28 AM
I would buy a few main jets, sizes 155, 158, 160, 162, and then lower the needle clip 1 notch (toward the pointed end).