PDA

View Full Version : how do i make more power for my blaster i want it to be able to do wheelies real easy

blasteracer07
08-24-2004, 04:58 PM
i want some more power so i gat pop wheelies eaiser to get over opsticals please help

theTman
08-24-2004, 05:00 PM
blasters should be easy to wheelie:huh :confused:

blasteracer07
08-24-2004, 05:02 PM
they are i jsut want more torque and stuff and what gear is the best to whellie

jesshamner
08-24-2004, 05:20 PM
Try a different sprocket.

Juggalo
08-24-2004, 05:36 PM
blasters pull wheelies sooo easy...1st-4th is no problem getting a wheelie up. either practice doing wheelies more or go to a smaller sprocket in front.

nakomis0
08-24-2004, 08:26 PM
Mill the head its cheap as hell and has the best gains.

mps5000
08-24-2004, 08:55 PM
if wheelies are all you are about, try a smaller front sprocket. It will not add power and you will sacrifice top end, but it will help with wheelies no doubt

frosti108
08-24-2004, 10:45 PM
going with a smaller front sprocket WILL infact give you more rear wheel power. and thats why it helps with wheelies... ;)

440exwlspankyou
08-25-2004, 04:43 AM
Make sure you have good tread on good style of tires. If you can't get the front up and the tires are spinning like crazy, You are not transferring the power from the motor to the ground. To do a wheelie on that piece of scrap, you will have to lean back as you pull on the bars a little. watch out for the power band and also don't flip it!!! Do what I did and trade that thing for a 600 ninja!!!

Toadz400
08-25-2004, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by 440exwlspankyou
To do a wheelie on that piece of scrap, you will have to lean back as you pull on the bars a little. watch out for the power band and also don't flip it!!!

Actually, Blasters don't have a "powerband", there is no certain point in the RPMs where you can feel the main power. It's quite sad actually...

Go with a smaller front sprocket and get some good rear tires, that's all you need for doing wheelies, or just practice more.

jesshamner
08-25-2004, 11:44 AM
Don't have a power band? Sure they do. Of course its nothing like the banshee or Quadzilla but its there. You shouldn't have to pull too hard on the bars in 1st and 2nd. Work on the wheelies and learn to shift up to the higher gears.

Toadz400
08-25-2004, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by jesshamner
Don't have a power band? Sure they do. Of course its nothing like the banshee or Quadzilla but its there. You shouldn't have to pull too hard on the bars in 1st and 2nd. Work on the wheelies and learn to shift up to the higher gears.

Seriously, my LT185 has more of a powerband than a Blaster...

The engine could be a lot better on those things, and so could everything else, at least they put hydro brakes on them starting with the '03's.

PismoGuy400
08-25-2004, 02:30 PM
if youve got the stock tires, which im sure you dont, trash them.

but really.. you shouldnt need to do anything except practice practice practice.

47501exracer
08-25-2004, 09:05 PM
Does your school teach spelling?

flyin#5
08-29-2004, 07:10 PM
:confused: another great info post by a bunch of know it alls:rolleyes:

tighter gearing will make him pop easier wheelies. what he wants is to pop wheelies over obsticles while going trail riding or mx... whatever. if you make the gearing smaller you will be able to pop wheelies better in lets say 4th gear.... but really now your in what was 3rd gear (not quite, but close). so really, your accomplishing nothing by doing gearing changes for what he wants.

power is what he needs, just like he asked for! what do you know....!

for some ripping power get your blaster ported and put a pipe on it. no doubt the most power you can get from your blaster is by getting it a good port job. have them rechamber, or mill you head down while your at it to. thats the basics for some great power, and will be plenty to pop up good wheelies.

uh.. and neal, every quad has a powerband.... :huh stock blasters just have mild ones.... which is what most 2 stroke mx quad buliders are looking for. a nice spread powerband, but of course with much more power.

08-29-2004, 07:21 PM
just practise before when i started wheelies i could only do one in 1st kneeling on the seat and now i can do sit down wheelies in 3rd

jesshamner
08-30-2004, 01:08 AM
flyin#5 is right. I guess I didn't read all of the initial thread. I thought it was just wheelies instead of doing them over obstacles. Sorry about that.