PDA

View Full Version : metal thing on the outside of the reeds on the stock intake boot

blasteracer07
08-24-2004, 04:55 PM
hey i have a question bout a blaster if u have ever seen the stock reed cage there is a metal thngi on the outside of the reeds is that a rev limitor or govener if i take that off will i be able to go faster will it hurt the engive in any way???

plkmonster2
08-24-2004, 05:04 PM
Are you talking about the reed spacer? Its the metal washer that is like 1/4 inch to 3/8 of an inch thick. If so, taking it off will make the power suffer slightly since it can't store as much fuel/air mixture. Have you tried posting this on blaster hq?

Florida400EX
08-24-2004, 05:25 PM
My suggestion, is that if you don't know what those are, you don't belong messing with the motor.

blasteracer07
08-24-2004, 05:45 PM
i can mess with it if i want i no what im doin i jsut dont no that one piece lol im not a reed cage porfessinional and obvisouli u dont no eather so k

Florida400EX
08-24-2004, 06:04 PM
called the reed pedals.... you take them off, say bye bye to your reeds.

Toadz400
08-24-2004, 07:32 PM
I agree with them...if you don't know what it even is, don't mess with it. Usually if you take anything off of your reeds, it's going to mess it up, people do add spacers on there though to give it a wider powerband since more air/fuel can go through. And I HIGHLY suggest you going back to Elementary school and learning how to spell correctly...

Here's some words you may need to work on: "about" "thing" "limiter" "governor" "engine" "know" "I'm" "just" "professional" "obviously" "you" "don't" "either"

Good luck, and I hope third grade goes great for you again!;) :blah:

mps5000
08-24-2004, 09:00 PM
take them off and your reeds will dissinigrate. The delta force v force rad valves really work. Its worth it just to buy a new rad valve

nakomis0
08-24-2004, 11:27 PM
Delta force reeds and cages are no doubt the best but they cost ALOT. Keep the stock cages and get a reed spacer, and carbon fiber reeds.

Its not the best setup, but for the money it is by far the best. About $15 for the spacer and what $25 for the reeds? Vs. Delta's which are about $130