PDA

View Full Version : My old man

JRDrider22
08-24-2004, 08:39 AM
on sunday i let my old man take my bike out for a ride since he was ridin his warrior for the day. i was already done with my fun so i went out to watch him to make sure nothing happened. he hit the throttle around the turn and boom there goes the back end sliding out all of a sudden he catches a rut and gets going. it was funny as hell to watch but fun to see my old man ride. he did alright. any body else let their pops ride their bike

MY450R
08-24-2004, 08:43 AM
yeah my dad rode my kx 80 and smashed into the side of his house and its brick

JRDrider22
08-24-2004, 08:44 AM
damn that sucks

Pappy
08-24-2004, 08:46 AM
3 times my old man rode my bikes...

1st was the day he brought home my first big trike. he told me to read the manual while he broke it in. he made it about 50 feet before dumping it.

2nd time was the day i brought home my zilla. he made it about 200 feet and climbed off, it skeert him:devil:

3rd time the jackazz dumped teh clutch on his new mojave and sent the quad into the side of my buddys truck:eek:

needless to say he doesnt ride ANYTHING more powerful then a lawnmower:devil:

lol
08-24-2004, 08:59 AM
yup my pops rides my 400 once and a while on the street, the first time he rode it on the day we picked it up he took off down the street but didnt no my mom was watchin, it skeered the bejesus out of her :o

trick450r
08-24-2004, 09:13 AM
my dad rides my stuff all the time...he has a 250r...and last year on the ice he was just about the fastest person on the ice oval and he was on a MOJAVE.....

sharkinthepool
08-24-2004, 09:15 AM
Heck the only time I get to ride mine is at the track. He is always on it. My mom used to call us her two kids. I know why now.

JRDrider22
08-24-2004, 09:22 AM
my pops wasnt used to my long travel either how you cant feel a bump that you cant feel on a stock bike. he enjoys watchin me ride untill i come up short and bail.:p i didnt lose it though sunday though but i had a couple close calls coming up short on a table

Tommy 17
08-24-2004, 09:24 AM
1st time my dad ever rode his grizzly he rolled it off the back of the truck goin down the ramps... they were 2 steep and it came back on it... FUNNY AS :devil:

YamaWarr0121
08-24-2004, 09:30 AM
yep, my dad takes all my rides for spins..the yfz was meant to be his race bike for the 05 season in the +40 class in GNC but i am racing that now and he's on the dale..

:cool:

it probably helps that he rides a harley almost everyday also so he knows how to work a clutch and not flip it over and everything..but he doesn't know what REAL power is like :o

Quad18star
08-24-2004, 09:36 AM
I remember when I first got my 92 Suzuki 250r a couple years back ....It was in November and my old man said he wanted to try this baby out . The road had a bit of snow on it so it was a lil slippery . He jumps on it , heads out of the driveway and dumps the clutch . I remember the back end slidding side to side . He turned around , put his hat on backwards and put her threw the gears .... he must have flown by the driveway doing about 70 mile per hour or so . He turned into the driveway and told me " You're gunan kill yourself on this thing" LOL

When I got my YFZ it was winter again and he wanted to try it out . We brought the bike to the lake which they plow paths on it in the winter and sure again ... no studs ... the old man lets her go . When he came back ... he told me he felt it was faster than my old suzuki and that I was gunna kill myself on this machine for sure . He was impressed on the choice I made though and was impressed on how the machine handled ( My dad is a Honda man himself) .

dirtmomma
08-24-2004, 09:38 AM
My Dad HATES that we all rides quads/bikes LOL probably a good thing he lives in MT. I tried to get him to come watch a race but NO WAY he says!!
Now as for my step dad he loves that we all race, he's @ EVERY race w/ my Mom, they have both rode my Kodiak & love it they want to buy one but I told them they could just ride that once it's back up & running!! My inlaws ride, my father in law is a nut!!! He's got ALL kinds of toys from race boats to quads :):)

MotoX3
08-24-2004, 09:52 AM
my father went riding with me a few weeks ago...he used to ride full time on a blaster but he had neck surgery so he retired lol.....well anywho he took our 400...he was doin these hills that some guys on bikes wouldnt do lol.....hes crazy....but he rode my yz125 a few times.....he says it even scares him:eek2: :devil: :macho

JRDrider22
08-24-2004, 10:02 AM
my pops never wrecked out or anything yet. hes only watched me 1 time i crashed the other 2 was when i wasnt with him

bansheeguy77
08-24-2004, 10:03 AM
my old man always acted like he hated riding my quads yet he was always on my shee cruising around...he said he would take it scouting to look for deer instead of taking his 4x4 sportsman? haha o well....but the ******* tore my 125 up and refuses to fix it...3 years now and its still dead :(

FourFiftyFour
08-24-2004, 10:21 AM
my parents really dont like my racing and they dont go to see my practices or races ever.......sometimes my dad will ride the dale around the block after replacing stuff on it so i have two opinions on if its running normal or not, but he never gets on it full throttle, at one time my dale used to die when it would hit full throttle and we cleaned out the fuel lines and then my dad rode it and he came back and said oh i think i fixed it and so i got on it and it died right away...i remember just thinking that it was funny bc he putts around on the quad (which is bad for it, it fouls the plug) and how annoyed i was when i thought it was actually fixed......haha

WOracing
08-24-2004, 10:28 AM
my dad rides my old ex and he blew it up second day....needless to say he dont ride my R

stiffy
08-24-2004, 01:11 PM
Well first about 8 years ago my dad was riding my yz80 and he pinned the throttle and hit a root from one of his huge cottonwood trees and did a head dive into the grass he has salt and pepper hair so his hair had grass stains for about a week.

Then a couple months ago we were cutting down those cottonwoods (80ft tall) he had killed them last year or the year before so they were dead anyway he tied a rope around one of the branches about 20 ft up to his wolverine and pinned it the branch didn't even crack it picked the back of the wolverine up like 5 feet and my pops went flying over the bars and landed on the back of his neck scared the hell out of me I thought he broke something but he just broke his cigarette but it was still hanging out of his mouth it was soooo funny.

Big400EX
08-24-2004, 01:26 PM
My dad rides my Recon once and a while, he goes really slow and all so he's nothing to worry about.:p

JRDrider22
08-25-2004, 02:26 PM
yea my pops wil put around in the pits. he never really gets on it

I-7
08-25-2004, 06:07 PM
My dad drove my pw50 off a 5 foot dropoff into a ditch when I was 5. Pretty funny now that I look at it

Mxjunkie
08-25-2004, 06:37 PM
my dad raced dirtbikes for about eh 15 years, so he gets out on mine when ever he wants too lol, it was funny when i use to have my lt80 and we did some motor work and well lets say it surprised him and he ending up on his arse and the lt sittin there on the grab bar, then he got me a xr100 and ended up laying it down a few times, no wrecks on the cr i think he takes it easy on it thank god :blah:

K_Fulk
08-25-2004, 08:00 PM
I think my dad has only rode mine once. My mom rode it a few times till she ran it into my truck.

400exrules
08-25-2004, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by K_Fulk
I think my dad has only rode mine once. My mom rode it a few times till she ran it into my truck.

lmfao that reminds me, i always cut my grandmas yard for her cuz she cant really do it, and i was puttin the mower up one day and i saw a big scratch and a dent in the back of her van and wut happened was, well.....she ran into her van with the ridin mower, lmfao:huh .........dont ask how, no wonder she doesnt like to use that thing

yah and i almost flipped it doin wheelies

K_Fulk
08-25-2004, 08:27 PM
Only damage she did was put a small dent the size of a quarter on the bottom of the bumper.

But i did have to jack up the rear end of the truck to pull the quad out.

I was biting my lip hard when she did that. But nothing was really hurt.

spud400ex
08-25-2004, 10:09 PM
my dad also has a 400ex and is 52 and has no trouble keeping up. he flipped it at the dunes five weeks after he bought it and bent the steering stem, that was last year but he finally replaced it after my cousin did an endo and it rolled 2.5 times.

ewalker302
08-26-2004, 05:53 AM
One evening, back in probaby 84' or so, I was on my xr80 and my dad decides to chase me on/in my 250 odessy.
I hit our pond dam wide open, I could jump it about 20-25ft. Then my dad comes and hits it pinned in that odessy, and i'm talkin the old 1st generation odessys, those things def were not made for jumping. He landed on the tires, then it bounced about 3ft in the air, came down -- upside down, crushed the rollcage, and flipped off into the woods. There was a harness made into the odessy's seat, but my dad didn't have it on, so it threw him out, and he just cracked a couple ribs.
It would have been a lot worse if he would have been strapped in, it wound up tangled up in bobwire, with a fencepost in the seat.

Not long after that, I got my 250sx and he got a trx250, and we rode those together a good bit.
He never liked my 400 tho, when he rode it, he would just bog it around the yard.

:bandit:

Blysster
08-26-2004, 07:20 AM
My old man has had 4 wheelers for 20 years now...

He took mine for a spin the day after I bought it and never touched it since.

"It's too loud, it scares all the deer away".

cool 300ex
08-26-2004, 09:35 AM
I left my dad take teh z for a ride and all he said was your crazy to want something like that and he says he would never own one.
I left him take the grizzly for a ride and he said he likes it alot better than his foreman.

08-26-2004, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by ewalker302
One evening, back in probaby 84' or so, I was on my xr80 and my dad decides to chase me on/in my 250 odessy.
I hit our pond dam wide open, I could jump it about 20-25ft. Then my dad comes and hits it pinned in that odessy, and i'm talkin the old 1st generation odessys, those things def were not made for jumping. He landed on the tires, then it bounced about 3ft in the air, came down -- upside down, crushed the rollcage, and flipped off into the woods. There was a harness made into the odessy's seat, but my dad didn't have it on, so it threw him out, and he just cracked a couple ribs.
It would have been a lot worse if he would have been strapped in, it wound up tangled up in bobwire, with a fencepost in the seat.

Not long after that, I got my 250sx and he got a trx250, and we rode those together a good bit.
He never liked my 400 tho, when he rode it, he would just bog it around the yard.

:bandit:

thats exactly what my dad had one of those odessy's and he said that thing got rolled countless times. he said his one brother took it for a rip and he was going about 50 mph and he hit a jump, rolled about 50 times when he landed when he was done rolling he landed on the wheels and kept driving:p
i let my dad drive my quad whenever he wants because he has had dirtbikes,ATCs, and quads.

ZSK
08-26-2004, 05:57 PM
http://michigandirtslingers.com/v-web/gallery/albums/Cleanshave300EX/f74bac94.jpg

http://michigandirtslingers.com/v-web/gallery/albums/Cleanshave300EX/f74bac9a.jpg

Need I say more?:D My father used to ride hardcore on ATC's and went to the track and the dunes quite often. He enjoys watching the races and isn't afraid to do a Pappy impression with the camera. He brought my 300ex home from the auction and was riding wheelies in the backyard when I came home. He's ridden the 400 a few times and likes it.