PDA

View Full Version : crf 450 cam into a 450 r?

xsr_racing28c
08-24-2004, 06:52 AM
will a crf 450 cam fit directly into a 450 r, or is it different?? if i do this will it bring the power up a lot and what will i have to do with the jetting to keep it runnin right?? i just have a hmf slipon right now.

bradley300
08-24-2004, 09:05 AM
the cam will drop in, but it wont make as much power as a HRC cam made for the quad

WhiteZee
08-24-2004, 02:48 PM
yeah, you would be better off buying a sparks, hotcam, or HRC.

FourFiftyR_PA
08-24-2004, 08:38 PM
first of all......... the hrc cam is NOT a bigger grind nor does it make more power than the cam out of the crf dirtbike....... the hrc cam is a drop in cam for overall power. low mid top. the crf dirtbike cam is the best cam for mx if used with some compression..... if you're going to run the crf cam you need 11.0 11.5 12.1 or 13.5 piston to accompany it..... compression wouldn't be an issue if you put in an "overall cam like the hrc". the bigger cam you put in this motor it's going to lower your compression....... a bigger (grind) cam let's the valves lift more and stay open longer thus lowering the compression. unless your putting a piston look for what they call a drop in cam.

Colby@C&DRacing
08-24-2004, 11:51 PM
Actually the HRC cam is a mid to top cam. You loose 3 hp on the bottom with it but gain mid to top. THe dirt bike cam will fit right in there.

bradley300
08-25-2004, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by FourFiftyR_PA
first of all......... the hrc cam is NOT a bigger grind nor does it make more power than the cam out of the crf dirtbike....... the hrc cam is a drop in cam for overall power. low mid top. the crf dirtbike cam is the best cam for mx if used with some compression..... if you're going to run the crf cam you need 11.0 11.5 12.1 or 13.5 piston to accompany it..... compression wouldn't be an issue if you put in an "overall cam like the hrc". the bigger cam you put in this motor it's going to lower your compression....... a bigger (grind) cam let's the valves lift more and stay open longer thus lowering the compression. unless your putting a piston look for what they call a drop in cam.
this is what laz from GTHUNDER has told many people, he knows his stuff and i doubt he would make the staement without being able to bak up his claims

Colby@C&DRacing
08-25-2004, 10:15 AM
I was talking to sparks about the differences between his cam and the HRC cam and he told me his dyno shows a 3 hp loss on the bottom with the HRC cam. But what does he know:rolleyes: