PDA

View Full Version : problems wheelying...

redrider311
08-23-2004, 08:38 PM
i have a +3 swingarm on my 400ex.. and its hard to get the front end to come up like i used to be able to... any tips or hints?

lol
08-23-2004, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by redrider311
i have a +3 swingarm on my 400ex.. and its hard to get the front end to come up like i used to be able to... any tips or hints?

umm maybe the front end wont come up because u have a plus three swingarm:o

fastblaster2002
08-24-2004, 09:45 AM
yeah...adding 3 inches to your quad is of course gonna make it harder if not impossible to wheelie

DEAL
08-24-2004, 01:16 PM
put the stock swingarm back on it...

CAMPRO
08-24-2004, 02:40 PM
It'll still wheelie.... Stand on the grab bar in 1st.... give it full throttle and dump the clutch. I'm sure it'll come right up for you.

redrider311
08-24-2004, 07:59 PM
umm maybe the front end wont come up because u have a plus three swingarm

hey man im not stupid.. i was just wondering if there were any little secrets.... and i dont wanna pput my foot in the grab-bar.. i mean i can do it in first.. but i used to be able to just blip the throttle.. waht do i need to do now?

CAMPRO
08-25-2004, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by redrider311
hey man im not stupid.. i was just wondering if there were any little secrets.... and i dont wanna pput my foot in the grab-bar.. i mean i can do it in first.. but i used to be able to just blip the throttle.. waht do i need to do now?

As much as these guys are giving you crap.... they're doin it for a reason. It will be difficult for you to wheelie a +3 machine period. I recommend putting your foot in the grab bar, but if you're not willing to do that... then you may be S.O.L. You'll have to figure out a way to get as much of your body weight back as far as possible... then get the correct clutch and throttle action going. Not sure what answer you're looking for, but it's gonna take seat time to figure it out... not time on the internet waiting for answers. Good luck.

-Drew

PS... let's see a pic of your quad dude!!!:)

Scro
08-25-2004, 03:23 PM
i thought the whole reason for putting on a longer swing arm was to keep the front end down in the first place...I guess you cant have the best of both worlds...its like trying to race your bike at the strip on thursday night and then wanting to trailride on sundays....you gear it low it is better for woods but i hit the limiter at the track...:mad:

Big400EX
08-28-2004, 11:38 PM
Instead of spending time on the computer why dont you just go outside and practice it.

Anywho, I still think the grab bar idea works well, I put my feet on the rack on my Recon and it pops up. Only way it'll wheelie but it sure works ;)

redrider311
08-29-2004, 08:30 PM
I put my feet on the rack on my Recon and it pops up. Only way it'll wheelie but it sure works

wrong.. i can wheelie my recon all the ay through 5th sitting down :confused:

thought the whole reason for putting on a longer swing arm was to keep the front end down in the first place...I guess you cant have the best of both worlds.

well duh... alright i think ill just figure it out on my own thanks ....

squeak12
08-29-2004, 08:57 PM
but your probably dropping the clutch on the recon(holding the shifter up and revving) i could do it either way on my recon i never got past 3rd without scraping my back rack though.

redrider311
08-31-2004, 09:34 PM
like all these guys are sayin.. it took seat time.. no i wasnt holding the shift.. i have ESP so it doesnt work like that.. you can do it.. but it just falls.. as for the EX i know its gonna take some seat time.. just was askin for some little tips here and there