PDA

View Full Version : steering stabalizers????

jetmec2k
08-23-2004, 07:06 PM
what do steering stablizers do(i know reduce bump steer but how??) and how and where do they mount and can you tell the difference when you install one....thanks:confused: :confused:

devildriver422
08-23-2004, 07:17 PM
im gonna sound like a tard but w/e...wuts bumpsteer?

EvilJester400EX
08-23-2004, 08:59 PM
Bump steer is when you hit something and the bars tend to "whip" out of your hands.

Steering stabilizers (or dampers, whichever) mount at the steering stem and to one of the frame rails, unless it's a PEP, which mounts at the engine mount. You basically don't feel the bump steer anymore depending on what setting you have the damper at. I definitely recommend one, you will love the difference it makes. :cool:

hondarider2006
08-23-2004, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by EvilJester400EX
Bump steer is when you hit something and the bars tend to "whip" out of your hands.

Steering stabilizers (or dampers, whichever) mount at the steering stem and to one of the frame rails, unless it's a PEP, which mounts at the engine mount. You basically don't feel the bump steer anymore depending on what setting you have the damper at. I definitely recommend one, you will love the difference it makes. :cool:

I agree with you 100%. If you decide to get a dampner, I would choose the Denton over the PEP. Simply because you have 7 adjustments with the Denton, as to where the PEP has 3;)

jetmec2k
08-24-2004, 06:30 AM
how is normal steering affected....????slower turns...turning radius?? anything...thanks

Silverfox@C&DRacing
08-24-2004, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by jetmec2k
how is normal steering affected....????slower turns...turning radius?? anything...thanks

feels the same untill you get on a bike that doesn't have one, the dampners make a world of difference well worth the money.

sethg
08-24-2004, 02:20 PM
They do make a world of difference, but my denton (a few years back) was always too tight causing my arms to cramp faster.

The GPR stabilizer stopped that :D

devildriver422
08-24-2004, 03:01 PM
oo i hate bumpsteer lol but then again small front tires dont help....ive crashed like that i flew over the bars then got run over:devil: