PDA

View Full Version : New offroad park in Mid Tenn.

Bill Fuller
08-23-2004, 05:29 PM
I have found a new park that is just in the beginning stages of being laid out. 143offroad.com The site is located near Loretta's and has 2000+ acres to ride.Sounds like there is a MX track being built and there are plans to have lots of trails.If you have paid any attention to the bullchit that is going down at TurkeyBay then you know we are going to need a new place to ride before long.Lets try to help out and give the owners any suggestions or offer to help out in any way possible.The owner is on exriders but I don't know his screen name,I told them I would post and try to draw some attention to his place.I for one appreciate anyone who is willing to open there land to OHV use.:)

Bush0102
08-23-2004, 08:40 PM
you ever been to the sand pits near camden? a lot of fun but just a bit too far from nashville...a place near lorettas will be nice. whats happening at turkey bay?

Bill Fuller
08-23-2004, 10:14 PM
There is a push by the US Forrestry Service to change TurkeyBay as we currently enjoy it.There has been ongoing studies by the EPA on such issues as eriosion/water quality/sound pollution.The effects are right before your eyes,next time you go check and see how much has been closed since last time you visited.The move is towards marked/directional trails only.Possibly no more overnight camping the list goes on.They have been having public meetings for the past year for ideas on how to address these problems and keep TurkeyBay open.Within the next 6 months will should hopefully know the fate of TurkeyBay.

Bush0102
08-24-2004, 01:44 PM
:eek2: wow i didnt know about any of that. to be honest, i've never been to lbl before- with a sport quad that place just doesnt appeal to me, but a lot of my friends go up there and camp. are there any kind of petitions going around? Maybe some people can form an ATV club up there and offer to do some work twice a month or something...damn folks lets get involved and keep this place open!

remlapr
08-24-2004, 05:41 PM
LBL is a great place for sport quads. I know about the changes they are talking about making. If you look at a map of the entire LBL area and then see what a small little corner the Turkey Bay OHV area is already it just makes you sick.

Bill Fuller
08-24-2004, 06:45 PM
TurkeyBay is sport quad heaven!!!There is any kind of terrain you could ask for.They are still having the public meetings and are always looking for volunteers to help clean the trails and rebuild eroded trails.I don't know what to do about it all,when the Govt. gets involved you just can't tell.

08-27-2004, 08:23 AM
i knwo you cant drag race there anymore :rolleyes: slowly they are pushing more & more rules & regulations to where I think they could just close up one day

Bill Fuller
08-27-2004, 04:51 PM
The future is bleak for TurkeyBay:( I truley believe it will be closed in a year or two.:mad:

08-27-2004, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Bill Fuller
The future is bleak for TurkeyBay:( I truley believe it will be closed in a year or two.:mad: i agree

jcs327
08-28-2004, 04:44 PM
1. as for the sand pits in camden, I live 20 minutes from there and i ride there all the time. It is small, but close to home.

2. I have heard stories about turkey bay closing for the last couple of years. I started riding at turkey bay about 15 years ago and I remember how it used to be compared to the bs operation it is today. All the local yahama dealers used to put on a thing called yahama weekend and bring in new bikes & quads, give away free stuff, INCLUDING ONE OF THE NEW QUADS, throw a bar-b-q and have 1 huge party, all free of cost. I remember when riding and camping at the bay was free. The fees and BS all came in during the Clinton administration and turned it into what it is today.

3. I think that whomever is opening this place near Loretta's is doing us all one of the biggest favors an atv'er can do, and we should support it 110%. If you build it, we will come. I want to mention a place near eddyville ky called Paddy's bluff that is a similiar operation. They charge 10 bucks to ride on some of the best 650 acres in KY. It is a privately owned operation, complete with showers, concession stand, camping, and even a wash rack. Check it out. just yahoo paddys bluff atv