PDA

View Full Version : bluiding a track in the woods

450rboy
08-23-2004, 03:17 PM
ok i was just woundering if any one has ever built a track in the woods cause i am bluiding one in the woods right now and it is coming a long pretty good. but if anyone else has every built a track in the woods tell me how it went. but there are gonna be some heel climbs on mine too haha its awsome so far.

just tell me anything about a woods track

cdalejef
08-23-2004, 03:19 PM
What exactly are you wanting to know? :confused:

brian-250
08-23-2004, 04:36 PM
well, i just used a chainsaw and the front bumper of my recon.:o

im ready for some new trails!:(

K_Banger125
08-23-2004, 06:00 PM
where at in punsky do you live?? i ride down around there sometimes maybe we could get together and ride

Rip_Tear
08-23-2004, 06:41 PM
Use logs to filler for jumps, works extremely well if you have to cut them down anyways. Look for natural area's to put jumps, like down hills and stuff. I want to put a bunch of jumps though my forest trails, but theres sheat all for dirt out there, its mostly rock, which is understandable why all the tree's fall over so easy...

450rboy
08-23-2004, 09:36 PM
i am just sort of woundering if it was hard for them to make it. but it is easy going for me so far. but did you have like tight spots going through the trees or was it pretty wide

Big400EX
08-24-2004, 12:21 AM
It would be cool if there were some tight spots on the trail, and a lot of mud pits and stuff. I mean, unless you want the trail so developed you can wear your tuxedo down it to ride, I think the tighter the better. Although you cant really go as fast in between the trees.

Johnny & Monica
08-24-2004, 12:29 AM
Just post directions when finished :blah:

RIDER11X
08-24-2004, 12:48 AM
Keep landing areas wide to allow for mishaps. I would just enhance the natural terrain. I assume you are making an XC style course right?

MY450R
08-24-2004, 07:10 AM
we made this awesome track in the woods worked on it for a whole year and then some
we have a couple miles of track with jumps,technical sections etc etc
the only problem is when you get someone new to ride the track they always seem to get hurt cause they smack a tree or something
it is great though because the scenery is so kool
we have waterfalls over huge cliff that you have to drive through
we also made a couple camping areas
we cut down trees and made a couple bridges over the brook
always good spots to fish cause noone else knows about them
yes it was hard and it took a long time but it was worth it definatly