PDA

View Full Version : tips

Dienamo111
04-06-2002, 01:56 PM
My 400ex is bone stock, i just bought it, is there any little things, tweeks or mods i can do now to it as it is?:huh

Deathbringer
04-06-2002, 03:17 PM
Yes remove your parking brake now before it does any damage.

kx254
04-06-2002, 05:02 PM
what could the parking brake do? and what is the advance key i keep reading about?

Deathbringer
04-06-2002, 05:35 PM
The parking brake doesn't work..and it "can" wear out your brakes because they tend to get stuck in the "on" position.

honda400exrider
04-06-2002, 07:55 PM
i bought mine from honda, came home, it didn't work. never did. how much is it for honda to remove the parking brake?

Deathbringer
04-06-2002, 11:53 PM
Don't pay them..you can do it in about 15mins... you will need to buy a parking brake block off to cover the opening back up. All you need to do is pull the two bolts off the parking brake in the back, then goto the front of the bike and loosing that cable on the top of the clutch as loose as you can get it, then use a screwdriver to push it down and out of the hole.. you will then need to line up the two screws so that bolt assembly will come off and you can then pull it backwards through the boot. Then look on the side of the bike and you will see 2 black plastic clips holding the cable use a screwdriver to pop them open and you are done.. pull it backwards out the back of the bike and put on your parking brake block off...

You can order one from here.. Chozen Performance (http://www.chozenperformance.com)

Hope that helps..but above all..dont pay to have someone do it.

04-07-2002, 10:06 AM
adjust the throttle cable and then buy you some nerf bars and a slip-on