PDA

View Full Version : 6 paddle GLIDERS vs. geckos

PismoGuy400
08-23-2004, 01:00 PM
any opinions.. i used to hear of people running the gliders on the 400s due to the smaller paddles than on the haulers

to be honest i dont care about the handling of straight paddles cause i think its BS but just out of curiosity, what paddles do you think would hook up better on my 400.. i am definately thinking everyones gonna say geckos cause the paddles are bigger and theres more of em, but anyway im still asking

thanks

PismoGuy400
08-24-2004, 11:39 AM
bump

zephead400ex
08-24-2004, 11:53 AM
I have never used Gliders or heard much rave about them but Gecko's suck! After I switched to the Kings Turbo Paddle (just a 8 paddle Hauler style, not extreme paddles) my quad woke up on the sand. It is unbelievable how much power the Gecko's robbed!!! No lie man, get rid of the Gecko's get some Kings Paddles.

PismoGuy400
08-24-2004, 12:15 PM
yea ive been looking for some haulers in the classifieds cause i cant buy any online cause i dont have a credit card so im lookin to buy from someone that will take a money order...

but ive got gliders up in the rafters in my garage and was wondering if theyd be an improvement over the geckos

i dont hear so much about it anymore but a few years ago, before i even got my 400 i spent alot of time on atvconnection and head that some people were running gliders.

zephead400ex
08-24-2004, 12:41 PM
The actual paddles on the gliders are pretty short aren't they? Honestly, I don't know that I have ever seen anyone run those paddles. With limited mods like both of us have, there is still plenty of power to roose the Hauler style paddles. Like I said, I was blown away to see how much power the Gecko's robbed! My buddy has a 'Shee w/ a 250r rear end so I used his Kings Paddles to try them out! As soon as I hit the gate I knew my Gecko's were gone.

If you do run the Gliders, let me know how they work for ya. Just curious to see.

later on!

QuadJunkies
08-24-2004, 12:54 PM
we are going to put Gliders on one of our minis.........:cool: and try a set of the paddles Skat Trak makes thats more designed for the smaller minis.....(I cant remeber right off hand what they are called :o ) for next summer ............

PismoGuy400
08-24-2004, 12:58 PM
lol, these gliders i have basically came off a mini.. theyre basically brand new i used them when i was probly 7-10 riding a kawasaki mojave 110. but used them about 5-7 times.

anyway those skat trak tires i think are called excites.. but im not sure..... they look like big baloons

JD400exrider
09-03-2004, 12:32 AM
I have tried the gliders and loved them at sand mountain. They were a 22' instead of the 20" tire. I went there with new sand stars and my budy told me not to buy them He runs the 22" gliders with his 493ex and his last 440 ex. We swaped tires and I loved them. I ended up cutting my sand stars down to about the same height as his gliders to get more wheel spin and speed running up the hill. The taller more ballon effect on his gliders had more effect. chit he would stop on mid hill and take right back off. Next trip I am buying gliders or possibly haulers. I have six plugs in the side wall of one of my sand stars from a rock that was picked up in the sand trails.

kamikaze_rzrbak
09-03-2004, 01:16 PM
king turbo paddle all the way:p

bigbadktm
09-08-2004, 09:54 PM
one of the quad mags just did a shoot out on sand tires. think it was dirt wheels.

i run sand skate II's on my 440, and like em. only been out once on em, but it was a blast. they were used and came with the bike. my buddy has the sand stars on his 450r, and likes em.

ill see if i wanna change after this season...i still have to buy paddles for the wifes 400....hmmmm what to get, what to get.