PDA

View Full Version : Back from the Dunes

dirtmomma
08-23-2004, 12:06 PM
WEll we made it back from Sand Lake!!! We had a BLAST I'm ready to go back, heck I was ready to stay for the week!!! We left Thurs. night LATE as Ron's parents had motorhome trouble, it was kinda funny cuz they wanted to travel together since ours & my bro's are old ones & thiers is a new fancy pusher, well needless to say they didn't make it down there due to a hole in the radiator:o we had to drop it off @ the Cummins dealer in Renton about midnight Thur. he was hoping they could fix it Fri morning but that was a no go so they told us to go on w/o them so we did. We ended up staying in the noisiest rest area around, got woke up by some trucker slammin on his brakes down the freeway that was freaky not sure what happened!! Anyway we arrived @ Sand Lake Fri around noonish that place was PACKED!!!! All the spots were taken so we though well we'll go out on the sand LOL, Bobby took off 1st, well he didn't let air outta his tires so needless to say we dug him out & pulled him the rest of the way out w/ our motorhome, so we decided to be patient & park & wait for an hour or so for people to leave & it worked out great we were in the last parking lot & got 2 spots right next to each other so that was nice especially for Sat. night can you say DOWN POUR man we woke up thinking the roof of the bus was coming down LOL, it rained almost all day but we rode anyway I wasn't gonna waste my time down there hehehee. My nephew Justin blew his 250R up about an hour after we got there, we sent him & DJ out for a ride. But I will have to say my 300 & the blaster did AWESOME down there!!!!! BILL THANK YOU FOR THE TIRES!!! DJ had a blast racing up the hills, he beat some blasters,warriors,& stayed right w/ a piped 400 :D:Q:P then he took mine out & I guess beat some 300's, I would hope so cuz I'm pretty sure they were stock LOL, My tires I used actually did good,I used my bro's 20" Duro's instead of my 18's, once I got rolling they were great I even climbed the hills that scared the crap outta me a few yrs back on the 4x4 LOL, went up all the big whoopie hills those were fun, DJ & I practiced our whoop riding alot :) Ron had fun on the Oddessy, he rolled it once LOL, he was trying to flattrrack it on the beach hehe, I missed the wipe out :( I was out playing :) Trevor's little LEM was a hoot out there, once we pushed/pulled him thru the deep sand & got him on the beach he was WFO baby, had a little track set up for the little kids he was even gettin er a little sideways, on purpose too :) now for my brothers 250R WELL that thing is just insane, I was hauling down the flats then all of a sudden I hear this 2 stroke screaming up behind me, well it went by so friggin fast then as he's going BAM he shifts up another gear :Q LOL needless to say him & Justin ate LOTS of Banshees :) not too mention some other things, he even beat a CR250 dirt bike!! Sat. night we sent Justin(oddessy) & DJ (blaster) out about dusk for a ride told them to be back in 1/2 hr. well they weren't coming so Bobby was just getting his helmet to go look for them when here they come, well as they were heading out, they got pulled over by the sheriff for, no tailights to begin w/ but by the time she was done it was also, no tabs,no adult w/ them,no driver license those 2 boys were SOOOOO scared I would of loved to been in the bushes watching it all LMAO she gave them warnings & sent them back to camp w/ her following them, I guess the oddessy wouldn't make it up the hills as she was following them w/ a spotlight they said it was pretty funny!! I had forgot to get tabs @ the last minute OOPPPSSS & as for tailights I had mine on but the bulb musta been dead!! So we are gonna be framing the warning tickkets hahaha
JOEX it was GREAT to see you again bummed we didn't get more rding in together, the boys had fun w/ ya DJ said you were haulin' thru the trails he was lovin it too bad Justin had to come back :( I think we all wanna do that trip again but w/ more time!!!

spud400ex
08-23-2004, 12:29 PM
sounds like most of you had a good time. wheres the pics????????

JOEX
08-23-2004, 12:37 PM
Good seeing you guys again too:) Riding the sand trails is a blast, got a little wet on the way back:eek: :p And tell Justin he needs look back before he cuts across;) wet sand doesn't taste good:o :mad:

You really need to get to Florence, it's waaaaay better than Sandlake:cool:

dirtmomma
08-23-2004, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
Good seeing you guys again too:) Riding the sand trails is a blast, got a little wet on the way back:eek: :p And tell Justin he needs look back before he cuts across;) wet sand doesn't taste good:o :mad:

You really need to get to Florence, it's waaaaay better than Sandlake:cool:

sorry about Justin blastin' ya w/ sand :( :o DANG KIDS!!!!!! You should of blasted him back:devil:
Anyway yeah I would love to go to some where different, just want to have more time than just a weekend!!