PDA

View Full Version : Joke of a Justice System

derekhonda
08-23-2004, 11:55 AM
I love the country I live in, but our Justice System is weak. I am sure those of you who have been arrested and whatnot are going to argue with me, but I really dont care.

I bought a motorcycle off of a guy who lives about 2 hours away from me. The motorcycle had a bad title on it, but of course I was never informed of it. When I sold it (a week later to a friend) he tried to get it titled with of course, no luck, seeing as how it had a bad title. So anyways, I go ahead and pay the $500 worth of titling fees and late fees and documentation fees and what not, being told from multiple lawyers that It will be a simple small claims court case and i will be fully reimbursed.

Well, I go up to the courthouse today, where I am sent away because the defendent does not live in my county. The DEFENDENT, THE ONE WHO ****ED UP AND NEVER PAID HIS TAXES. So, needless to say in order for me to recoup my money, I have to drive about 300 miles round trip to file my claim in his hometown. Then, once my court date arrives, I am going to have to drive about 500 miles round trip to go collect my money because i am leaving for college in the opposite direction.

I just feel like it is bull****, that I, the non-law breaking citizen who does pay all my taxes, and does not knowingly sell an untitleable vehicle to another is the one who has to rack up 1000 miles on my truck not to mention all the hours and dollars being spent on gas just to have him, the person who ****ed up, drive 5 miles up to his county courthouse (if he even decides to show)

Then Ontop of that, I have been warned that their are ways he can get out of paying the money he owes me.

This is all bull****....

stiffy
08-23-2004, 02:28 PM
Sorry man that guy sounds like a huge Jack *****.

Slick
08-24-2004, 08:40 PM
yeah the system sucks, i got hit with brass knuckles a few weeks ago in the face....5 broken bones, and a 4" gash...well turns out the guys dad is a cop, and his lawyer is friends with the judges in my county so i most likely wont get more than my med. bills paid off...it really sucks, i have been through plastic surgery and now have stitches across my eyelid, up on my eyebrow, beside my eye, the side of my face and some on the inside of my mouth at the top of my gumline, from the center teeth all the way to my back teeth on the right side, that was all so they could get in and put the metal plates and screws...and this guy is getting off really easy because he is 17 "i am 16", he should have been charged as a adult but the way things work with them he wasnt, darn system lol.

310Rduner
08-24-2004, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Slick
yeah the system sucks, i got hit with brass knuckles a few weeks ago in the face....5 broken bones, and a 4" gash...well turns out the guys dad is a cop, and his lawyer is friends with the judges in my county so i most likely wont get more than my med. bills paid off...it really sucks, i have been through plastic surgery and now have stitches across my eyelid, up on my eyebrow, beside my eye, the side of my face and some on the inside of my mouth at the top of my gumline, from the center teeth all the way to my back teeth on the right side, that was all so they could get in and put the metal plates and screws...and this guy is getting off really easy because he is 17 "i am 16", he should have been charged as a adult but the way things work with them he wasnt, darn system lol.

Damn.. press as many charges as you can. See if there is anyway to bring it out of that county, or to inform someone of the judges connection to that guy and bring someone else in.
Take it to judge JUDY!:(

Slick
08-24-2004, 09:35 PM
well we were going to try to get it out of county and all this, but the thing is that you have to have the judge's permission to get it moved to another county, my mom is friends with county commissioners and everything, we have no way around it so we got a lawyer who also is friends with judges hahah, but i pressed charges, we have no way to have proof of him using brass knuckles or anything so im pretty much s.o.l on a felony case, all i can get him for is a misdemeanor, but anyways....here is some pictures of my face after i got hit, i put em on a page of my cardomain site lol.
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/462995/5

popo
08-24-2004, 11:41 PM
I've got so many joke of the system stories, I would be here all night telling them. Ok just 1

I arrested the same person four different times breaking into people houses, stolen quads, bikes etc. He is an Adult.

His first time in front of the judge. 30 days probation

2nd time 90 days probation

His 3rd time 160 days probation and with no jail time at all. I get a verbal warning from the judge, cause I stated "You Sir are a waste of time"

As mr.probation was leaving the court house "YES" in another stolen vehicle. The chase was on !!! but he pulled back into the same area where he stole the truck from...... but wait theres more.

The owner of the truck was out looking for it and caught him, therfore proceeded to thump the crap out of the mr probation and I saw nothing but the ambulance taking him away.

The judge was fined for not upholding his judicial duties by quickly passing cases into the probation courts to clean his docket.

Toadz400
08-24-2004, 11:46 PM
Holy sh*t dude, that is f'ed up. I'd shoot that guy in the face for doing that to me! But of course, you'd go to jail...because jumping someone and beating them with brass knuckles is perfectly legal...I really do hate how our legal system works, I see so many wrong things on the news these days. It's just sickening, I don't even want to think about it.

quadracer511
08-25-2004, 03:12 AM
wut up with the one pic the bruise n cut is on the other side of ur face .....im not doubtin it at all im just lost lol

SGA
08-25-2004, 05:47 AM
Originally posted by derekhonda
I bought a motorcycle off of a guy who lives about 2 hours away from me. The motorcycle had a bad title on it, but of course I was never informed of it.
I agree with you about our legal system can be messed up sometimes, but tell me how this all started in the first place?
Im assuming you bought a motorcycle and the guy didnt have a clear title to give you on the spot? If thats the case, that should have set off warnings right there.

sickmojave
08-25-2004, 06:16 AM
I was just reading in our paper that some guy was in a wreak and was charged with his 9th DUI. why in de hell would they give this guy a license so many times? :grr:

PHAT400
08-25-2004, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by quadracer511
wut up with the one pic the bruise n cut is on the other side of ur face .....im not doubtin it at all im just lost lol

Mirror!?