PDA

View Full Version : pipes

Dienamo111
04-06-2002, 01:46 PM
will the pipe give you added performance without doing anything to else to the engine?
what pipes are recommended?
:huh

Deathbringer
04-06-2002, 01:55 PM
Wow..so many questions :)

You can't change a pipe only and not do anything else to the motor..

If you change your pipe you will need more air coming into the bike because of the increased flow, which means you need to take the cover off the airbox or mod it with holes. But in turn you will need to change the jetting to equal out the extra air which is going to make your bike run leaner..hope that helps..to make a long story short..no you can't just change the pipe.

Tlongs400
04-06-2002, 05:41 PM
i recommend the t-4 by pro-circut,but if u don't re-jett u have wasted your money on the pipe.

04-06-2002, 09:59 PM
I got a T-43 and i love it. It gives me good sound and it also gives power. You also need to get a new air filter or mod your air box. Again you also need to jet it or basically youve done nothin.

04-07-2002, 10:08 AM
I dissagree, the new slip-on pipes are designed to work with the stock jetting and filter. if you have a stock bike and just add a pipe then you can leave the stock filter and jets alone. But if you change to a K&n filter then you have to jet, no doubt about it.