PDA

View Full Version : time between order placement and shipment from elka???

PismoGuy400
08-22-2004, 10:57 PM
i was wondering what elkas turnaround time is from the time an order is placed until the shocks are built and shipped out..

nor sure it it matters but theyre triple rate zps w/ remote rezzies.

is 2 weeks normal??

im asking because i purchased them from an ebay dealer, motomahimahi, if i am not mistaken..and generally there is always room for nervousness when purchasing high dollar items like that online

thanks in advance.

roostin_dale
08-22-2004, 11:01 PM
Mine took 6 days, order straight from elka

Tommy 17
08-23-2004, 07:44 AM
i had mine in like 7 days or something threw the quadshop...

300exOH
08-23-2004, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
i had mine in like 7 days or something threw the quadshop...

Same here. Mine were even built for a custom setup.

Motoman440
08-23-2004, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by PismoGuy400
i was wondering what elkas turnaround time is from the time an order is placed until the shocks are built and shipped out..

nor sure it it matters but theyre triple rate zps w/ remote rezzies.

is 2 weeks normal??

im asking because i purchased them from an ebay dealer, motomahimahi, if i am not mistaken..and generally there is always room for nervousness when purchasing high dollar items like that online

thanks in advance.

Ive, ordered from mahimahi (sp) in the past and he has always got the goods to me. Sometime sooner sometimes not. I have found over the years the best way to order large dollar items is direct from the manufacturer and not thru a shop or online. IMO shops are extremly unreliable if they are very busy and I guess I am old but I still can't a comfort level online with large dollar items. I don't think I would worry to much with mahi but he gets your order and then has to forward it to Elka who builds them and then ships them. Plus, Mahi does the quantity order (5 or 10 sets at one time) and that is how you get them cheaper but it may take him extra time to get the complete order of 5 or 10 filled.

PismoGuy400
08-23-2004, 11:24 AM
thanks motoman, glad to hear he was a good seller to you, i was just worryin cause of all these ebay scams ive heard. the guy has EXCELLENT feedback results so i guess i shouldnt be worrying.

i recieved an email last tuesday (i think) saying that the order was given to elka so its been about a week and a half

anyway. thanks guys.