PDA

View Full Version : 300EX reverse procedure

hondarider2500
08-22-2004, 10:10 PM
hey, i have heard that the reverse procedure on the 300EX is very hard to do and that it stalls a lot when getting into reverse. can some people tell me if this is true and how hard it really is to use it's reverse. thanks

300exOH
08-22-2004, 10:13 PM
It's a bit of a pain but not too bad. There are a couple of things you can do to make them easier. One is in the tech articles section but it could be potentially risky. I have modified the shifter so you can shift with your foot and it works very well.

300exOH
08-22-2004, 10:15 PM
Also the stalling is only a problem with a cold engine or if the idle is too low.

bulkdriverlp
08-22-2004, 11:10 PM
once you do it a few times ya get used to it. ive never stalled mine wile in reverse, that must have been bad adjustments on his wheeler or somethin. i bought one of those "foot" adapters and cant figure it out. how does it go on can you email me a pic of it. the dude that sold it on ebay had a muddy pile of a 300ex and couldnt rielly see how he had it on... thanx

dpizz450
08-23-2004, 05:33 AM
Originally posted by 300exOH
It's a bit of a pain but not too bad. There are a couple of things you can do to make them easier. One is in the tech articles section but it could be potentially risky. I have modified the shifter so you can shift with your foot and it works very well.

hey how did u make the reverse switch to ur dhifter

Rebelrider4OOex
08-23-2004, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by YZrida
hey how did u make the reverse switch to ur dhifter

one of my firends did it tooi dunno ohw but they make a seperate shiffter next to the gear shifter a lil bit longer then the normal shifter but i dunno how it hooks up to the reverse i never looked that close when i look at his quad

300exOH
08-23-2004, 12:11 PM
Here's a couple pics of my lever I got off of eBay. Works great.

300exOH
08-23-2004, 12:15 PM
Another. It just attaches to the small part of the stock shift handle. You just have to remove the long part of the reverse handle and turn the small part that attaches to the engine around to point toward the front. Then you can attach the part from eBay.

SilentClepto
08-23-2004, 12:16 PM
you get used to it very quickly.

hondarider2500
08-23-2004, 12:37 PM
i found this thing that turns the reverse hand lever into a foot lever. it looks pretty cool.

hondarider2500
08-23-2004, 12:38 PM
sry the link didnt work. here it is

http://www.atvconnection.com/editor/review/accessory/reverseshifter/review.htm

300exOH
08-23-2004, 12:47 PM
That does the same thing as what I have but you have to lift your leg way up to use it. It's still better than the stock setup though.

dpizz450
08-23-2004, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by 300exOH
Another. It just attaches to the small part of the stock shift handle. You just have to remove the long part of the reverse handle and turn the small part that attaches to the engine around to point toward the front. Then you can attach the part from eBay.

and how do u go to put it back in neutral

bayou boy
08-23-2004, 06:41 PM
when I had my 300 I also made reverse a foot shift..I took an extra gear shift I had and cut the end off and welded a little peice to extend it a little further fwd and up. It was pretty easy and made it a whole lot better to grab reverse. just put it in pull in clutch put in neutral and press the lever down with your foot..to get it out of reverse you have to lift the lever back up with your foot. I can email someone pics if they want to post them

bulkdriverlp
08-23-2004, 08:58 PM
aaah i see, i bought one of them off ebay too!! just like that. thanx for the pics now i know how it goes on, ill put it on tommorrow.

300exOH
08-24-2004, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by YZrida
and how do u go to put it back in neutral

You just push down to go into reverse and lift it back up for neutral. Works great and I get the occasional:huh when they see me back up and turn around without really even moving my hands.:cool:

dirtmomma
08-24-2004, 10:09 AM
Ahhhh I really wanna get one of these, I'll have to go check it out, I don't know why they don't do it that way from the factory!! It's a pain how it is now, almost need 3 hands LOL I've actually though about just taking reverse off all together but it is nice to have :):)

300exOH
08-24-2004, 10:34 AM
I thought about removing my reverse too but I get stuck in snow too often. LOL

I think this mod would work well in addition to the reverse mod in the tech articles if you're willing to risk it. As long as you have nerfs to protect the shifter from any accidental movements.:eek2: