PDA

View Full Version : dodge dakota dual exhaust

Stevie-D
08-22-2004, 07:39 PM
ive got a 95 dodge dakota. 3.9 magnum V6. custom 2-tone paint. silver on the bottom 10 inches or so, green on the rest of it. chrome wheels, rollbar, KC lights, lund visor...
anyway...i bought it last winter off of my boss for darn cheap because he couldn't sell it. he had a straight pipe with a cherry bomb on it. no cat converter. so i went and bought a converter and a Heartthrob dual exhaust kit. it has 2 glasspack muffler tips that replace the muffler. i was kind of hesitant to use it, thinking the truck would have a high pitched sound to it when i get on the gas. but boy, it produces a nice roar. very deep sound, even in the higher RPM's. it's not too loud either. the cherry bomb was right under the cab, followed by a turndown. it was really loud. but now the sounds coming from the arse end of the truck. i like it.

definately gets my thumbs up.

just thought i would share as ive seen a few posts about truck exhaust lately:macho

Stevie-D
08-23-2004, 06:40 PM
here's a picture of the exhausthttp://www.savepic.com/freepicturehosting/is.php?i=238079&img=000_0010.jpg

Slick
08-24-2004, 08:33 PM
I recently did the exhaust on my 3000gt, cut the pipe off before the cat. converter and went back around 6" after the cat and put a y pipe in, ran two pipes off to two flowmaster mufflers, then to two sets of dual tips, looks good and oh baby!!!!!!! it sounds great, my car sounds agressive now, before it sounded really muffled down and everything.