PDA

View Full Version : Car Audio Experts !

Ryan300exRider
08-22-2004, 05:24 PM
I have 2 18" Pyle Subs that are a little bit older and in the box are also 2 mini tweeters and speakers. I am running a Pyle amp pushing out 2400 watts ..... My question is on my amp i have the low bandpass for just bass and high bandpass for bass and vocals....When i turn the amp on the low the bass hits nice but you can barley hear the words from the stock speakers. I was wondering if i go out and buy 4 speakers to replace the stock ones and just wire them into the head unit will that make any difference or am i still going to not hear the vocals that much just the bass because i would really like the bass to hit hard but still be able to hear the words over the bass .... Or any other suggestions ??
:confused:

400EXcrazy
08-22-2004, 06:51 PM
maybe turn the highs more up on the head unit

DAB516
08-22-2004, 07:09 PM
Heres a tip get rid of them Pyle is crap. Your amp maybe 2400watts but at what volume and the distrosion is terrible. Buy something better.

Fender Bender
08-22-2004, 07:36 PM
Sweet tip jackass

Your pretty much stuck with that setup, if all of those drivers are wired into one amp. I would buy a second amp (4-channel, class A or A/B...) for the mids & highs. Look on the box for how much THD the amp has, the less the better. Most amps today have .1% or less. THD is "Total Harmonic Distortion" or better known as distortion. Try to look for RMS power. When ever comparing power rating of amps always look at rms power, and not peak. RMS is what counts as it is continous. See also at what voltage they are tested. Ohm load is also important. Once you have another amp you can buy a crossover, which should at least have a wave alignment, low, and high adjustment.

After that you'll be goin' to town!

MichaelS693
08-22-2004, 08:56 PM
if ur amp had a crossover position that said full it would play it more... but u could try replacing stock speakers which would help with the distorition a little... but it wil help a whole lot to spring for another amp to hook up to your highs:D

Ryan300exRider
08-23-2004, 05:09 AM
Originally posted by Fender Bender
Sweet tip jackass

Your pretty much stuck with that setup, if all of those drivers are wired into one amp. I would buy a second amp (4-channel, class A or A/B...) for the mids & highs. Look on the box for how much THD the amp has, the less the better. Most amps today have .1% or less. THD is "Total Harmonic Distortion" or better known as distortion. Try to look for RMS power. When ever comparing power rating of amps always look at rms power, and not peak. RMS is what counts as it is continous. See also at what voltage they are tested. Ohm load is also important. Once you have another amp you can buy a crossover, which should at least have a wave alignment, low, and high adjustment.

After that you'll be goin' to town!

I was thinking about buying a new set of like 3 12"s or 2 12"s since the 18" arent really what type of bass im looking for .... would that be any better to get just strickly subs (not the box i have now with the tweeters and speakers in the box also) and then replace the stock speakers .... ?

REAPER
08-23-2004, 06:56 AM
Only two things to do.......Boston Acoustic's and J.L Audio. Reaper

Slick
08-23-2004, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by REAPER
Only two things to do.......Boston Acoustic's and J.L Audio. Reaper

hey hey now, cmon.... Audiobahn, Alpine and Rockford Fosgate need to be added in there somethere lol

Regular_Joe
08-23-2004, 03:26 PM
Generally most amps have 3 settings.

High - plays only high (voice)
Full - plays all freqs (bass and voice)
Low - only plays low freqs (bass)

You want the full setting. It might be as simple as not turning on the Low or high filters.

Fender Bender
08-23-2004, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Ryan300exRider
I was thinking about buying a new set of like 3 12"s or 2 12"s since the 18" arent really what type of bass im looking for .... would that be any better to get just strickly subs (not the box i have now with the tweeters and speakers in the box also) and then replace the stock speakers .... ?

If your going for sound quality, I would personally just stick with one 12" or 10" woofer, it will supply just fine. You would be surprised at how much better your stereo will sound if you get some components to replace the factory speakers.

BTW, Audiobahn is all about the bling factor, I wouldn't waste my money.

Chanman420q
08-24-2004, 12:02 AM
having a hard hitting bass that is clear is better than just bass thats just an aggervating noise. some of my friends have systems with so much bass u wouldnt even know that there were words. its pointless, you want something loud, clear and have a nice boom to it. clearity is most important

unless ur just some wigger who wants the noise cuz he thinks its cool

F-16Guy
08-24-2004, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Ryan300exRider
I have 2 18" Pyle Subs that are a little bit older and in the box are also 2 mini tweeters and speakers. I am running a Pyle amp pushing out 2400 watts ..... My question is on my amp i have the low bandpass for just bass and high bandpass for bass and vocals....When i turn the amp on the low the bass hits nice but you can barley hear the words from the stock speakers. I was wondering if i go out and buy 4 speakers to replace the stock ones and just wire them into the head unit will that make any difference or am i still going to not hear the vocals that much just the bass because i would really like the bass to hit hard but still be able to hear the words over the bass .... Or any other suggestions ??
:confused:
If you're on a tight budget, probably the best thing to do is run the mids/highs off the head unit and run the subs off the amp, then you could add a four channel amp later if you have the money. Do like you said and replace the stock speakers and hook them up to the deck, and then take your subs out of the box, disconnect the wires going to the highs in the box, and reinstall the subs. The extra speakers add impedance, which lowers the output of the amp to each speaker because of the extra load. If you have distortion from too much bass to your highs, you can buy some capacitors for cheap. You wire them in-line with the positive wire for each speaker and they "filter" out the bass frequencies; basically a simple passive crossover.

Fender Bender
08-24-2004, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Chanman420q
unless ur just some wigger who wants the noise cuz he thinks its cool

Or for competition, its sad that some people give audio enthusiasts that name. Kind of the same as people with loud *** exhaust.

MichaelS693
08-24-2004, 07:55 PM
jl audio is the only way to go.. i have two w3v2 10's and a w3 12.. also got two powerbass 10's:D

Chanman420q
08-24-2004, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Fender Bender
Or for competition, its sad that some people give audio enthusiasts that name. Kind of the same as people with loud *** exhaust.

what i mean by this, is the systems that are all bass, u want something that hits hard yet is still clear.

some kids i know are just all bass.. stupid if u ask me

and as far as the exhaust, yea, i have friends that just have tips for the noise and give no performance, i just laugh when there red lining it just so people hear them

Ryan300exRider
08-28-2004, 11:08 AM
I jsut bought Pinoeers for the back and I now need 2 speakers for the front that I will run off a seperate amps for the highs .... I was wondering what you guys would reccommend to buy that would be good speakers for the highs with preferably a tweeter .... I was looking at these ones but i want somthing with loud highs ....

http://www.cardiscountstereos.com/Catalog%20Page.asp?Product+%23=BZX683 (Blitz)

http://www.cardiscountstereos.com/Catalog%20Page.asp?Product+%23=TSA6880R (Pioneer)