PDA

View Full Version : a-arms and shocks

kjettro
08-22-2004, 03:00 PM
Is this a good setup?
Lone Star +2 DC4 Long Travel a-arm (powdercoated red bottoms and chrome uppers) and Elka 19" ZPS Quad rate Piggyback front shocks with comp/ride Height adjust

ZRider400
08-22-2004, 03:28 PM
yes:devil:

kjettro
08-22-2004, 03:35 PM
1790 $

PEPwalshZ440
08-22-2004, 06:14 PM
get PEP or axis shocks not elka

kjettro
08-22-2004, 08:30 PM
Why, and do i need the high/low comp and rebound or just comp and rider height, not rebound

Hammer trx450r
08-22-2004, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by PEPwalshZ440
get PEP or axis shocks not elka

Say What?

kgbg
08-23-2004, 11:59 AM
If I lived in Norway, I would get Ohlins. Not taking anything away from anybody, but you and I know you can get the best service on Ohlins alot easier. Ohlins are top notch shocks for sure. I really like the JB racing a arms I have. Housers are sweet, I know that my buddy who has a full Walsh/axis set up says its the best handling quad he has ever ridden. Many great options, find a good dealer, and think about service on those shocks. Many hav had to send their top dollar shocks back for a revalve, it sure would be nice to not have to send them across the world if that happened.

kjettro
08-23-2004, 02:26 PM
I Hear you, but öhlins can not get me shocks for the trx in 10-14 weeks, and they are way more expensive here in norway, and my friend is a elka dealer and service guy, but he has to wait many weeks to get elkas also, but he can do revalving and service, so this is not a problem.

A friend of mine just got öhlins from usa to norway for his yfz, the did not have them in sweden, were they are built, all was shipped for the american marked.

Ironic you say, yes but it`s not a marked for those kind of shocks here......

kgbg
08-23-2004, 02:56 PM
The only reason I suggested them was for service, so if you have service for the Elka's covered, go for it.
I have never had them, I have ridden quads with them, and they are very nice. I do not think you will be unhappy. Many have that set up, and are very happy with it.
The price is right for sure.

kjettro
08-23-2004, 03:12 PM
Thanks, i got a good deal on a elka rear shock also, so i cant wait to try the setup.....

kgbg
08-23-2004, 05:00 PM
Let us know how it works.
So now that I kind of know a Norweigen, I was watching the Olympics, and there was Beach Volleyball, Norway v. US, US won, but the Norweigen gal,Kathrine Maaseide, was one serious hottie... I was cheering her on big time.

kjettro
08-23-2004, 05:10 PM
hehehe, yeah i know, i actually talked to her a few times, cause my childhood best friend is a top ranked european motox freestyle contender, i am wrenching for him, and he had a deal with the gymnastics guy at the olympic senter last year, to learn the bacflip, a real hottie that one, but that is the regular all norwegian girl, tall and blond.......---

my friends site....
www.oysteinsport.no

kgbg
08-23-2004, 09:26 PM
Thats what I have heard, tall and blond.
Cool site.
Good luck with your suspension.