PDA

View Full Version : GT Thunder Rev box is a hit!!!!!

QuadJunkies
08-22-2004, 10:58 AM
I am trying two different boxes and have only had a chance to try one so far( the one with a harder hit vs the softer not sure what its called ) and I had NO PROBLEM what so ever with a harder Idle or problems starting up my quad.It was very similiar to stock idle, and the other box we just put it in long enough to plug it in and start up the motor ,it idles BETTER than it does stock...:huh We will try out the other Rev box this wk end and see what one works best for my style of riding .;) Thanks GT . the box is a hit!!!!:macho

DEAL
08-22-2004, 12:33 PM
Is it worth it to buy a rev box with a built motor?
I find myself hitting the limiter alot more than I should because of my motor work.

cals400ex
08-22-2004, 01:04 PM
the gt thunder box made my throttle response a little more crisp for sure. however, i was mainly interested in the extra rpms and being able to start the bike in winter.

QuadJunkies
08-22-2004, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by cals400ex
the gt thunder box made my throttle response a little more crisp for sure. however, i was mainly interested in the extra rpms and being able to start the bike in winter. To answer the question about if its worth it.YES. I was trapped between gearing and being able to carry out a few extra RPM's seemed to help.. It gave me no issues what so ever starting up with either box on it so far, Im sure winter might be a little different, but I dont think it will be that big of a difference....So I was looking for smae as you. :)

QuadJunkies
08-22-2004, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by DEAL
Is it worth it to buy a rev box with a built motor?
I find myself hitting the limiter alot more than I should because of my motor work. Maybe you should check into gearing your machine taller then and get a CDI???