PDA

View Full Version : jeff@quadshop-swapping 400ex linkage

fyffe23
08-21-2004, 11:42 PM
i was wanting to lower my rearend to match my front with the ssd shocks and my buddy told me he knew a guy who swapped his linkage around and it lowered it atleast 2 inches. im guessin you lose some travel when you do this but i can do with that for now. anyone ever done or heard of this?

Bill Fuller
08-21-2004, 11:46 PM
Changing the linkage around would not be a good idea.The linkage has been designed to travel in a certain motion to properly compress/rebound the shock in it's designed stroke.I would suggest you remove all the preload off the back shock and start saving for a rebuild on the rear.

fyffe23
08-22-2004, 12:06 AM
i was thinkin bout doin that too, juss wonderin if it worked right. anyone ever did this though?

08-22-2004, 06:34 AM
I've done it. But I had the rear shock rebuilt to go with the linkage. Bill was correct in stating what he said. YOu can't simply change out the linkage and the shock still perform correctly. The LT elka setup is the way to go but if you want to save money, get the GT thunder linkage and rebuild.

cdalejef
08-22-2004, 05:53 PM
Yep, Bill and Rico are right. You will have a very ill handling rear end if you go messing with the stock linkage.