PDA

View Full Version : Fusion Paint!!!

Crazy Diamond
08-21-2004, 11:31 PM
:eek2: Has anyone ever used Krylon Fusion Paint on Maier Plastic??? I prepped the area that I wanted to paint and the paint seems to flake off pretty easily! I tried it on a piece of lexan plexiglass and it showed a good test. Is there a trick to Maier plastics or can't it be painted???:confused:

Bill Fuller
08-21-2004, 11:37 PM
Seems like I keep running in to you:rolleyes: I have used it on handgaurds and it holds up preety well.I made sure to scuff the area with fine grit sand papper and clean it off with alcohol before painting.A couple of coats held up for 4 or 5 rides then I would touch it up.It will not work around the tank or any areas that come in contact with gas.

Woodsrider
08-22-2004, 02:45 PM
Or potato starch, or hairspray, or ether, or carb cleaner, or..........

Oh wait wrong application, sorry:o

TheFontMaster
08-22-2004, 04:39 PM
Buy some plastic renew. I posted a review of it in the body section last night. That says everything you will need to know.

TheFontMaster
08-22-2004, 04:44 PM
Ok heres the link to my plastic renew thread

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=120513

Crazy Diamond
08-22-2004, 08:59 PM
I bought new Maier Plastic and wanted to paint flames on it! I didn't need to get out scratches or changed colors or touch anything up!!! Thanks tho!!!:D

TheFontMaster
08-22-2004, 09:03 PM
Ok well good luck with the flames. Post pics when your done. I would also sugest staying away from plastic that will bend, just so the paint don't chip. I know it's the plastic paint, but I wouldn't trust it.

Crazy Diamond
08-22-2004, 09:09 PM
I tested this paint on an 1/8th inch piece of lexan plexiglass. I bent it until it broke and it still didn't break off. I didn't even prep it or wipe it down with anything to see how good it was before I did my fenders. But after proper prep work it just flaked right off. I wonder if Maier uses some kind of special plastic that won't take to painting???:confused: :confused: :confused:

Crazy Diamond
08-22-2004, 09:11 PM
By the way fontmaster have you seen the number of posts you have??? 666!!! Are you the devil???:devil: :devil: :devil:

TheFontMaster
08-22-2004, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Crazy Diamond
By the way fontmaster have you seen the number of posts you have??? 666!!! Are you the devil???:devil: :devil: :devil:

I noticed that too now i think it is 668 and it will be something else in like 7 muinutes.

Mxjunkie
08-22-2004, 10:52 PM
i herd about a new plastic paint out there, its suppose to work well once i find some i'll paint some of my old lt fenders and see what happens