PDA

View Full Version : Maier Plastic Problems!!!

Crazy Diamond
08-21-2004, 10:49 PM
:huh I am currently putting Maier Fenders on the 400. Are the front fender, side panels and gas tank covers supposed to line up and fit together? Or am I supposed to custom fit all of them? Because none of them line up or fit right!!!:mad:

Bill Fuller
08-21-2004, 11:04 PM
It takes patience,they will line up.You might have to get a little physical with it though:macho

Crazy Diamond
08-21-2004, 11:11 PM
Get a LITTLE physical!!! I fought with the side panel, fender and tank cover for over an hour then called it quits before I pulled out the drill!!!:mad:

Bill Fuller
08-21-2004, 11:19 PM
:D Thats why it doesn't cost $500+ like Fullbore.Did you try test fitting it?Make the plastic fit brfore you bolt anything down.The brackets are chitty but if you didn't install them right or if they are bent your job will get a little frustrating.It always helped me to have a buddy and a Dremel tool(and a 12 pack:devil: )

Crazy Diamond
08-21-2004, 11:26 PM
:rolleyes: Well, I put the side panels on to the fenders than set them on the quad. I then triied to get the gas tank cover on. I had to shave it down a bit with the dremel then the front pop-its fit together but the back is all out of wack!!! I can't get the bolt holes lined up for anything. I think I would need more than a 12 pack tho!!!:macho :devil:

Bill Fuller
08-21-2004, 11:33 PM
Maybe start mounting it up from the seat/tank area and move forward.I remember having a heck of a time with mine and I didn't even use the tank cover(oversized tank).I remember doing a lot of cutting and sanding but it did fit.It was a pain in the arse to put on by myself after inital install but I got used to it.

Oh yea it was a 12 pack per panel:devil:

Crazy Diamond
08-22-2004, 10:50 AM
:D Thanks for the help Bill! I finally got them on after close to 8 hours and a case of brewskies:devil: !!! A lot of sanding and dremel work but I am finally done. Can't wait to have to take them off for some reason. I was able to rip the stock front off in about 10 minutes! Can't wait to see how long these take!!!;)