PDA

View Full Version : antifade locknut

QuAdEr 317
08-21-2004, 10:00 PM
can some1 please give me directions on how to put an antifade locknut on? n what to tighten n when?

Bill Fuller
08-21-2004, 11:28 PM
I'm kinda lost here please explain a little better.As far as how to put one on just remove your stock lock nut from the axle.(remove tire/hub)and install the new one.If it's a anti fade nut it should have an allen head set screw that you tighten(gently)onto the threads.

R3Concepts
08-22-2004, 02:13 PM
Use that little tool that is provided with an anti fade, tighten firmly against the snap ring WITHOUT the pinch bolts installed, install pinch bolt(s) with a drop of blue loctite, do not use stainless pinch bolts, they gall the threads of anti fades and they wont stay tight, go to ACE and get regular black ones, they should be 1/4 x 20 allens, also if you get pinch bolts that are longer they will stay a little tighter. Anti fades are a regular maintenace deal so keep an eye on it.

QuAdEr 317
08-22-2004, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by Bill Fuller
I'm kinda lost here please explain a little better.As far as how to put one on just remove your stock lock nut from the axle.(remove tire/hub)and install the new one.If it's a anti fade nut it should have an allen head set screw that you tighten(gently)onto the threads.

lik i have the wheel\hub off n im bout to remove the stock one than after the stock is off can i get step by step please?

JRDrider22
08-23-2004, 07:38 AM
where ya from in nJ.. if your around one of us we can come over and help you out.

QuAdEr 317
08-23-2004, 10:47 AM
yo im live behind john the kid who bought ur a arms...i live on the other side of town from cam

QuAdEr 317
08-23-2004, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by JRDrider22
where ya from in nJ.. if your around one of us we can come over and help you out.

that be good if you could come n help me out with it