PDA

View Full Version : I need your opinion! Walsh, or ARS-fx?

Jeff2269
08-21-2004, 09:04 PM
Ive got a trx450 and need to buy suspension. Right now Walsh is the only one that makes a complete rear-end for this bike as far as i know. Everyone is selling swing arms and elka has a different linkage, but thats it. Ars-fx is in the process of developing and testing a rear-end for this bike too. Both Ars-fx, and Walsh are going to to comparable in price. Who do you think is going to make a better product. The one downside to Ars-fx is that i have to run Axis, where with Walsh i could run PEP, Elka...etc. Both make great products, but what do you think?

MXRACER86
08-21-2004, 10:23 PM
HOLZ RACING PRODUCTS, makes a complete rear end and it has great reviews. Go to there web site (www.holzracingproducts.com)

muff
08-21-2004, 11:10 PM
i've heard some very good reviews of the walsh setup for mx. if i had a 450r...thats what i'd buy :cool:

http://www.wrcracing.com/shop/images/sa-savior.jpg

TC426EX
08-22-2004, 11:55 AM
yeah, isnt that the one they call the saviour? I would DEFINITELY get the walsh....

theTman
08-22-2004, 12:00 PM
walsh:)

R3Concepts
08-22-2004, 02:08 PM
Mike Walsh builds his components to run with PEP shocks. Nice stuff, but super expensive.

yfzracer220
08-22-2004, 02:12 PM
Walsh all the way

muff
08-22-2004, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by R3Concepts426ex
Mike Walsh builds his components to run with PEP shocks. Nice stuff, but super expensive.

i know a ton of people running walsh/elka and are runnin good. they can work for any shocks

they dont call the walsh swingarm the savior for nothin :macho

R3Concepts
08-22-2004, 06:30 PM
Ive also seen a lot of walsh/elka or walsh/axis set-ups but he still sets up all his suspension components with PEP.

oldsandman
08-23-2004, 11:25 PM
They also did some development work with axis on the savior...

I have Walsh a-arms and swing-arm with savior it is awsome! It is amazing what it does to the trx. The quad will now do anything you want it too...I can fly through whoops...no bucking or seat smacking you...gets and keeps power to the ground...no more twitchy-ness but still increadbly quick handling. I have ridden a lot of suspensions and have ridden none finer!

Narly R
08-24-2004, 12:17 PM
W-A-L-S-H...;)

popo
08-24-2004, 03:28 PM
ARS/FX

What kind of racing are you going to do?

I don't see that Walsh linkage lasting very long in XC
racing.

Jeff2269
08-24-2004, 04:23 PM
I actually just talk to JRD and they said they are in the process of developing a no-link rear end for that. They already have it all drawn up, they just need to build it and test it. If that turns out ok, a no link is MUCH better than any linkage system right?

oldsandman
08-24-2004, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by popo
ARS/FX

I don't see that Walsh linkage lasting very long in XC
racing.

Why?

popo
08-24-2004, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by oldsandman
Why?

I've seen allot of custom alum linkages broken raced in XC.

Rocks can be brutal. And If I am not mistaken Walsh really designs his suspension products towards Mx.

Foxrage
08-25-2004, 04:43 AM
Houser Racing has an availible LT swingarm setup now. It sounds like it has been tested and tweeked to work good in any condition. Plus i think its cheaper than holz, and walsh.

oldsandman
08-25-2004, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by popo
I've seen allot of custom alum linkages broken raced in XC.

Rocks can be brutal. And If I am not mistaken Walsh really designs his suspension products towards Mx.

If you see one of these things up close it is massive. You're right rocks can do some damage but I think if you are going to break that linkage you are ging to do some real damage to your frame too.

Pappy
08-25-2004, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by oldsandman
but I think if you are going to break that linkage you are ging to do some real damage to your frame too.

ive seen almost all linkages snapped:( XC just flat kills a quad period:p

thats why i am switching to TT and Flat track...clean and mean:devil:

oldsandman
08-25-2004, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
ive seen almost all linkages snapped:( XC just flat kills a quad period:p

thats why i am switching to TT and Flat track...clean and mean:devil:

i hear you that's why i stick to sand.

Ex_Rider43
08-25-2004, 07:02 PM
I would go with walsh personally but i dont think it will work better with pep suspension or anything because jasmin plante is running elka and the savior and it looked like a nice setup!