PDA

View Full Version : Honda HRC bolt on ?'s

400exbiggun
08-21-2004, 08:37 PM
ok. Well im getting my 450 very soon we are going to be getting it for about $6000 otd for a dealer that we know and just bought a 03 grizz from.

anyway say i take it home and then 3 weeks later i put on a aftermarket exhaust myself and have a problem in general with the quad. Is the warranty void? How about if i get a HRC part and have them install it before the quad is ever taken home. Then is is still under warranty.

Also after searching and searching the honda website...is that one cam kit the ony parts they make?:confused:
dosent honda have some pipes like yamaha's GYTR series?

kwatts400
08-22-2004, 02:36 AM
They just have the HRC kit, no pipes yet.

atvmx14
08-22-2004, 06:58 AM
Well about the warranty!! I know how it works at my dealership is that usually if the dealership installs the parts that if something would go wrong and still under warranty they would get it covered!! The fine line about the pipe probaly says that if you change the exhaust it would void warranty but honda would most likely take care of you!!

tkwarrior
08-22-2004, 08:57 PM
The HRC kit will void your warranty.

allmixedup047
08-22-2004, 10:03 PM
The HRC kit will void your warranty.

the hrc kit will not void your warranty unless you put it in yourself. thats how it is at all the dealers around the kansas city area.

86atc250r
08-23-2004, 12:15 AM
It will not void your warranty if you install it yourself - your dealers are trying to scare you into having them install it, which if not illegal, is a very unethical practice.

There are federal laws in place that protect you from these sorts of things - to void the warranty they have to prove beyond a doubt that the work you did, or the parts you used caused the problem you're complaining about ---- the burden of proof is on them.