PDA

View Full Version : Trx250ex

hondarider2500
08-21-2004, 05:10 PM
Hey, I was thinking about getting a TRX250EX and I want to know what you guys think of it. like is it fast, does it have a lot of power, can it climb hills, and can it ride in the snow. These are the only things I need to know. It would be great if you could get me some answers, thanks a lot!!!

I-7
08-21-2004, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by hondarider2500
Hey, I was thinking about getting a TRX250EX and I want to know what you guys think of it. like is it fast, does it have a lot of power, can it climb hills, and can it ride in the snow. These are the only things I need to know. It would be great if you could get me some answers, thanks a lot!!!

Is it fast?.. kind of. Does it have a lot of power?.. Depends on if its your first quad or what quad your coming from I guess.
Can it climb hills?.. Sure why not. Can it ride in the snow?.. Yes, I have ridden one in the snow and it does do well.

The 250ex is a very good quad if its going to be your first quad and you dont really want to use a clutch yet. I didn't really like not having a clutch because I am used to clutches. If your looking for something alittle more aggressive go for a 300ex.

hondarider2500
08-21-2004, 06:08 PM
thanks man, ya i can use a clutch but i dont really like 'em. i would get a 300, but the 250 is cheaper

mxrider666
08-21-2004, 06:46 PM
i got a used to have a 250ex (for sale now) and the only reason i got an r is because i race mx but it has power right when you want it and its easy to climb hills with. when you get it (or if you get it) put a pipe on and it makes a big difference.

just my 2 cents.

hondarider2500
08-21-2004, 06:50 PM
well right now my biggest concern is riding in snow. my dad wants to make sure i can use it year round. i know mojave11 already talked about snow but i want some more input. so ould some more people tell my how it rides in the snow, and if i can get tires or chains to make it go better. thanks

Big400EX
08-21-2004, 06:52 PM
It's a pretty good quad, I got a Recon which is almost the same exact thing except it's a little heavier and has different plastics and that engine is pretty powerful, I can follow around a Kodiak going over 10" logs and stuff. It sure has the power. It also is good for hill climbing, I climb up banks that are at this creek that are pretty steep.

If you want it, get it

quadracer511
08-21-2004, 08:30 PM
250 ex deff goes through the snow i had one n loved it if i could i would still have it its a good all around quad wheelies real good to but u dont really need chains on em for snow try some sand tires maybe i was gonna do that for this winter but i sold it to get my cr but it was deff a good quad