PDA

View Full Version : Axle help

450 Racer R
08-21-2004, 04:59 PM
How do I get the lock nuts off the stock axle? Which way do they turn? I used two pipe wrenches, one on each and the inside one wouldn't budge at all. I have to turn that in towards the disc first then loosen the outside one after.

Any tips for getting these off? Thanks

Sportrax10
08-21-2004, 06:10 PM
First turn the bigger lock nut down, coming from the back(counter clockwise)... Its reverse tread so it will back off, now back the smaller nut off the same direction untill you expose a clip. Take the clip off and the lock nut should slide right off, if it dosnt right away it might need some force.

atvmx14
08-22-2004, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by 450 Racer R
How do I get the lock nuts off the stock axle? Which way do they turn? I used two pipe wrenches, one on each and the inside one wouldn't budge at all. I have to turn that in towards the disc first then loosen the outside one after.

Any tips for getting these off? Thanks

You don't even know how hard it was to get mine off holy cow was that thing on there!! Those stock lock nuts are junk i need to spend some money and get a better one!!

Jersey450R
08-30-2004, 09:14 AM
yo dude i'm from hammonton TOO!!! i just bought a 05 blk 450, can you guess who i am, haha. w/b

FatBoy Racing
08-30-2004, 08:35 PM
see the reviews section on here for the mezsaro's axle nut -- i got it for mine and works great. Once you pull the stock one off once, you'll never get it to stay tight. The mez nut is inexpensive and once installed, you can forget about it.

Have fun!