PDA

View Full Version : trade offroad buggy for race quad

mscottiel
08-21-2004, 04:10 PM
check this out and let me know if you have a race ready quad that you would like to trade. 400ex, z400, 250r, whatever.

http://www.lawrencecattle.com/buggy/

RobbRacer
08-23-2004, 08:28 PM
bump

derekhonda
08-23-2004, 10:33 PM
can you tell me a little bit more about this buggy. Dimensions? Engine? Did you build it? How much invested? Is it durable? I have been thinking about building one myself, but i might just take yours, strip it down clean it up and paint it the way i want. Any full pictures of it? Thanks.

Derek

mscottiel
08-24-2004, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by derekhonda
can you tell me a little bit more about this buggy. Dimensions? Engine? Did you build it? How much invested? Is it durable? I have been thinking about building one myself, but i might just take yours, strip it down clean it up and paint it the way i want. Any full pictures of it? Thanks.

Derek

derek
i put alot of info on the web page i set up and included alot of pictures too. i don't think that there is one picture of the entire buggy - i don't know why i didn't include one. the frame is a shortback style which means there is no bars over the back of the motor. i was a street buggy about 5 years ago but i started to take it apart and rebuild it for offroad recreational use. there are many durable offroad parts on this buggy and everything i did to it was to make sure that i was not breaking down in the woods. i have only broke down once with this and that was because of a dead battery and not a mechanical breakdown of a part. this buggy does have a title too. i have invested over 4000 since purchasing the buggy for 2000 originally. the motor was rebuilt 2 years ago and it is a 1835 cc motor with dual weber carbs and lots of other stuff which i showed on the webpage. if the 1835 is too big for what you are wanting i have a brand new never run 1641 cc that has lots of good stuff on it too that i could sell with it or swap it out. basically i have taken a street legal buggy and made it into a very durable offroad buggy. i originally completed the buggy 3 years ago and since then have strengthed the frame more and other things so the only thing buggy thing needs is to be repainted where we have welded and it will be ready to roll. the black stuff on the windshield frame is just tacky stuff that held the windshield on. the best thing to do is just look at the webpage and check out all the stuff i have on it and let me know if you have any more questions. i was going to take it apart this winter and repaint everything if i didn't get rid of it before then.
thanks
scottie

mscottiel
08-28-2004, 01:33 PM
somebody?