PDA

View Full Version : have some 300ex motor questions

SnotMe80
08-21-2004, 02:17 PM
my buddy has a 300ex and he cracked the case on the chains side of the motor so i got him a another motor off of ebay minus the head. so i want to take the head off of his and put it on this new motor. i am also going to take his piston off the old one and keep it with the same head. what else do i need to do this and were can i get the gaskets for this project. anything else i should do while it is all apart?
thanks

rob

frosti108
08-21-2004, 10:27 PM
you can get full gasket sets just about anywhere.
try out C&D racing at http://www.cdracingonline.com/ .

and while you got the engine open, you could get a new piston instead of using the used one, maybe go higher compression... or you could also get the cylinder honed out with a nice .020 over to make it brand new again... get the head done with a port/polish maybe some new springs or somethin... get a cam... basics... new timing chain maybe... it depends on what you want to do with the bike, do you want to race or just put around and have fun. if you dont want to make it faster i would just pop on the parts you already have to save money... but if it were me i would get atleast a slightly higher compression piston just for the extra punch...

goodluck

Braff1
08-22-2004, 05:59 AM
As far as gaskets you could support our sponsors C&D racing. Give them a call or you can PM them.

If the cylinder has a lot of hours on it I would recommed having it bored and go with a new piston while apart. If it is not to old I would recommed having the cylinder honed and put new rings in while apart.

frosti108
08-22-2004, 06:20 PM
**** your right, go to the sponsers, C&D racing. forget those other sites