PDA

View Full Version : Explosion!!!

TGW_400ex
08-21-2004, 08:55 AM
This morning my family heard this loud explosion like really really loud thunder. This place about 2 miles away from here is all roped off and there are pieces of insulation in peoples yard that are like 300yds away.:eek2: Apparently there were people in this house when it exploded. Two of them were life flighted to pittsburgh! We were told it was a gas leak. I'll keep ya updated

theTman
08-21-2004, 08:59 AM
wow....that sucks big time:eek2:

TGW_400ex
08-21-2004, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by theTman
wow....that sucks big time:eek2:

I'm wonderin if it was a gas exlosion or like a drug lab blowing up? Around here houses don't blow up often:eek:

TheFontMaster
08-21-2004, 09:06 AM
wow, that must have been crazy to witness. I hope the people that were in there are ok. Did the house like actualy blow up?

TGW_400ex
08-21-2004, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by TheFontMaster
wow, that must have been crazy to witness. I hope the people that were in there are ok. Did the house like actualy blow up?

I haven't seen it but there is insulation all over around the area so i would guess it did. The explosion was loud and I live 2 miles away!

Jellyrolls
08-21-2004, 11:33 AM
sounds like a meth lab to me

bansheerider_13
08-21-2004, 01:59 PM
heard about it on the news this moring

87250rxrider
08-21-2004, 02:36 PM
thats gotta suck!

a few(well, a bit more than a few) years ago, a house exploded in my town, but it was done on purpose by the guy living there. he wanted to committ suicide, so he filled his basement with gassoline up to the heating element, and flicked the switch. chunks of the house were found in people yard, such as mine anywhere from 3-5 miles away.

K_Banger125
08-21-2004, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by TGW_400ex
I'm wonderin if it was a gas exlosion or like a drug lab blowing up? Around here houses don't blow up often:eek:

yah they do man dont you remember last school year like 4 meth labs blew up in a month and one was right in downtown over a bookstore...i bet it was a gas explosion tho because the area where it was is all rich ppl with big houses

TGW_400ex
08-21-2004, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by K_Banger125
yah they do man dont you remember last school year like 4 meth labs blew up in a month and one was right in downtown over a bookstore...i bet it was a gas explosion tho because the area where it was is all rich ppl with big houses

I couldn't hear those from my house tho:eek2:

TGW_400ex
08-21-2004, 09:40 PM
My dad saw the house and told me it was completely leveled and the whole front of the house was like in a neighbors yard:eek2:

K_Banger125
08-21-2004, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by TGW_400ex
I couldn't hear those from my house tho:eek2:

you said houses dont blow up around hear often...you didn't say houses don't blow up where i can hear them from my house often...dumbass:rolleyes:

sweet300ex
08-21-2004, 10:59 PM
3 people were in the house, they all died

or so ive heard

K_Banger125
08-21-2004, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by sweet300ex
3 people were in the house, they all died

or so ive heard

there where only 2 both died...elderly couple husband was ina wheelchair i wonder if his oxygen tank blew up or something...but i heard that he was blown like 150ft away from the house dont know if its true tho

440ex2001
08-21-2004, 11:21 PM
some crazy a-hole that lived across from me blew his house up on purpose. He lived about 200 yards off them road in a wooded area. I was talking to my girl friend on the phone and i heard a faint BOOF and my windows rattled i sawflames through the woods soi called 911. It seems that the guy lost his house to his wife through a divorce and he didnt want her to have it so he had a dozen or so cans of gas inside and made along trail then lit it. The sad part is that the dip chit killed his dog in the process.

TGW_400ex
08-22-2004, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by K_Banger125
there where only 2 both died...elderly couple husband was ina wheelchair i wonder if his oxygen tank blew up or something...but i heard that he was blown like 150ft away from the house dont know if its true tho

I heard the guy in the wheelcahair wasn't even in the house he was out front of it? :eek2:

mxdave28
08-22-2004, 09:27 AM
well your kinda right houses dont usually blow up on a regular basis but it does happen more then ya think and usually the cause is either very simple or very weird..as example...just recently down in maryland a house "just" exploded pretty much leveling the house and after the investigation they found that the stove had been stolen and the gas just fillied this place up and when the fumes reached the pilot light of the hot water tank BOOM...one for the weird side, this older lady was trying to de-flea her house by using those flea bombs well not only did she get rid of the fleas but she also leveled her mobile home the cause well, for her size of a home it required 2 flea bombs for an effective killing so she decided if 2 is good then 6 would be better:huh hahahahha live and learn...all in all most "exploding" houses are usually caused by a gas leak of some sort...peace!

TGW_400ex
08-22-2004, 10:00 AM
Whole front page of our paper is about this! Debris was found a half mile away and the blast was heard in Lutherburg which is like 4 miles away! I wish i didn't break my digital camera or I'd get pics:( I'll try to find someone w/ one and post em up:eek: