PDA

View Full Version : 450r pics

jeepnrocks
08-21-2004, 12:26 AM
just thought i'd post a few pics of my r
dg v-pro, ac nerfs, pro design kill switch, omf scoops, renthal 13t sprocket, prm grab bar, dg baja chassis skid plate
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v322/jeepnrocks/450r/450romf2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v322/jeepnrocks/450r/450romf.jpg

atvmx14
08-21-2004, 07:23 AM
holy cow those omf scoops hang out there!!
Thats pimp though i didn't know they were making those for the 450r yet

jeepnrocks
08-21-2004, 08:07 AM
yeah, i think since i cut my fenders it looks really exaggerated too :)
they give you a template to cut the original shrouds so that these will actually be functional. ( i have seen them on a quad without the side shrouds cut and that doesnt make any sense)
i have like 1/10 th the original front fender plastic left now :) but she is going on 3 weeks old :huh

atvmx14
08-21-2004, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by jeepnrocks
yeah, i think since i cut my fenders it looks really exaggerated too :)
they give you a template to cut the original shrouds so that these will actually be functional. ( i have seen them on a quad without the side shrouds cut and that doesnt make any sense)
i have like 1/10 th the original front fender plastic left now :) but she is going on 3 weeks old :huh

I can understand that i got my fenders cut as well. How easy did they go on and how much did you pay?

jeepnrocks
08-21-2004, 09:48 AM
i paid 51 bucks shipped on ebay.
to install them isn't just a bolt on job.
they were very easy to install but it did take a lil bit of time. OMF sends you a template on a piece of paper. you need to cut the template out then remove your stock fender assembly on both sides. You dont need to remove the fender from the shroud though. just put the template on the stock radiator shroud or scoop or whatever ya call it and then take a magic marker and trace around it. I used a set of metal sheers to cut the majority of the plastic off and then trimmed with a razor knife to get a fairly neat cut. you can be a lil sloppy becasue you cant see the cuts anywhere. there are 3 mountin points 2 on the fender and one on one of the frame points. the frame mount which is on the bottom is the hardest becasue you have to fish the screw in from the inside and the radiator support cushion is there. it was still pretty easy but just requires a lil patience. if the screw is slightly cocked dont worry about it, once you start to tighten it down it will line up nice. oh yeah and you got to remove the 2 plastic shroud pieces that are on your radiator on the outsides, the middle one stays. all in all the job took about an hour and i was in no hurry.
If that sounds like to much work www.prm-atv.com also has scoops that attach to the stock shrouds and angle out so they are still functional ( the omf's are not functional unless you cut the stock shrouds)
I think the prm stuff looks great and I can tell you i have a dg skid plate, ac pro peg nerfs, dg v-pro bumper, and prm grab bar. the ONLY one ofthose that lined up perfect was the prm. i had to drill the pro pegs, pound on the dg bumper, and the dg skid just did not want to line up at all. I am sure their scoops would be of equal quality to the omf's and its just a matter of looks. as far as other aluminum products well its all prm for me from now on !!
here is one pic and their is another on their site
http://prm-atv.com/img/products/TRX447.jpg

spud400ex
08-21-2004, 03:43 PM
nice R. i like the way those OMFs look.

atvmx14
08-21-2004, 03:53 PM
Nice Man thanks!!

kruzofman
08-21-2004, 11:53 PM
wow now that a nice r.. great job like how the hole bike looks ( man i got to get me one of theme R's )

jeepnrocks
08-21-2004, 11:58 PM
thanks kruz, got some trail tech bars and clamp on the way. those are stock 400 ex bars on there casue my bars tried to headbutt the ground and lost. it had nothing to do with rider error.. honest