PDA

View Full Version : First time on a track!!!

EX_Junkie
08-20-2004, 10:23 PM
Well tonight was my first trip to a motocross track. Went to a local track called lexington motocross. There having a big event tomorrow and sunday so they allowed riders who preregister to practice some this afternoon. Track owner told me on the phone there probably wouldn't be a bunch of quads but loads of dirt bikes. Well when i get there for practice i was the first and only quad to have registered and he then decides to tell me that it isn't an atv friendly track, so be very careful.

Well that just totally made the butterflies almost unbearable. I see all the pictures online and everything and when i get down to the track my first thoughts were holy $h!t. :eek2:

I did okay i guess. I cleared what seemed to be pretty decent size doubl. A table top i was having to hit in the top of fourth or bottom of fifth gear. There was a rythym section that i could get through to save my life. All i can say is hopping into the middle of doubles hurts. I think my best bet is just to suck it up and hit them hard enough to clear them. Cause all those flat landings on the jumps that scared me is killing my back. I don't mean just a little sore i mean it took all my energy just to get off the quad. Saw one guy brake his ankle on the finish line jump. I don't know what to really call this one. It was a table top but had a jump before it u used to jump up to the finish line. I didn't hit it either :D

But i geuss i did pretty decent almost went over the bars about 4 times in that rythym section but hey still in one piece.

If anyone has any tips for me let me know sure could use all the help i can get. The 800mg ibuprofen before i left the track and the 500mg hydrocodone or however u spell it are the only help i have so far so feel free to shoot some tips this way

:macho

NTPRacing#19
08-21-2004, 08:30 AM
just go out there knowing your not there to impress anyone, it will take some weight off your shoulders and help you loosen up some.

take it easy and learn the track

theTman
08-21-2004, 08:57 AM
my 1st time on a track was better than i expected....i cleared everything except the 60 foot table.....came a few feet short.....all was good untill i cased the step up...crashed...no damage to the quad though!....then i went out again...2 laps in...i crashed on the damn step up again! and got shipped off the the hospital:grr:

EX_Junkie
08-21-2004, 05:20 PM
Well unfortunately i was the only quad to show up:huh

But thats cool i think i would rather have a few more days of practice before getting in to deep. Plus the muscles in my lower back and shoulers and arms are about to kill me. I don't think i've ever had muscle pains like this. All i know is i hope that if i fork out the money for a nice suspension setup that it will land a little softer.

One more question i noticed on one of the table tops i was hitting it in the top of 4th gear and wasn't clearing it. But there was a kx125 and some other bikes clearing it and not hitting it half as hard. Is this just a dirt bike thing or what. I sorta thought it may be a weight difference or something.:confused: