PDA

View Full Version : Looking for change machine,HELP!

jst
08-20-2004, 05:49 PM
I am looking for one of the machines you put change into and it gives you paper money in exchange.It sorts it and counts it.I saw one a couple of months ago at a store but it went out of business. I have seen them advertised on TV but have had no luck finding one.I am located in Cambridge,Ohio.If you know the name of these machines that would help also,I could look it up on the net.thanks

Guy400
08-20-2004, 05:54 PM
The name around here is CoinStar and most larger grocery stores have them such as Giant Eagle.

jst
08-20-2004, 05:59 PM
You are the MAN!!!This is the reason I like this site so much,awesome talk about quads and great talk about the general info.

K_Banger125
08-20-2004, 06:02 PM
around here they have them at all banks just take your change there

400exrules
08-20-2004, 10:08 PM
yah we have a coinstar at our kroger, supermarket. Its funny to put in all those darn pennies and chunk change and get $40+:)

Guy400
08-21-2004, 04:55 AM
Originally posted by js52589
coinstar charges something like $.09/$1 :( That's how they make their money, charging a percentage. They make money off the people unwilling to wrap their change by hand and take it to a bank to exchange for free. Thank goodness I have a wife...

A local Chevy dealership had an article on their wall when I bought my Z28 from them a couple years ago. An old man walked into the dealership and told them he wanted to buy a new truck. The dealership obliged and they did all the paper work. When asked how the man was going to pay for it he said, "Cash." The dealership soon found out what that meant...plastic 55gal. drums full of quarters:eek: :eek2: The old man paid for a brand new Chevy 4x4 in quarters!

jst
08-21-2004, 07:42 AM
My reasoning is that my bank wants me to put 1 of the following on the wrapper,name,phone#,or ss #.I asked if they can gaurantee me that it won't leave the bank for someone elses change and they said no.I asked if they had a machine to check all of the rolls so I didn't have to put any info on the rolls and they said for as many as I have it would take too long.

Woodsrider
08-21-2004, 09:28 AM
coinstar (http://www.coinstar.com/us/html/a-home) has machines all over, but most counting fees are not set by coinstar themselves but by the store where it is set up. Many banks and credit unions will wave the counting fee if you are depositing the money into an exsisting account. Some starbucks out here in Seattle have them set up so you can buy a coffee and waive the fee. Other sites are set up to waive the if you convert the coins into a gift card to be used in that store.

I've seen fees as high as $.10, but never lower than $.07 per dolar counted. Store owners set the rate, so they can make a little money off of the machine as well.
I say find a coinstar and us it!(but I'm a share holder so im partial)