PDA

View Full Version : 450 r vs. DVX 400

xsr_racing28c
08-20-2004, 05:19 PM
this buddy of mine works for an arctic cat and kawi dealership and came over to my house the other day to check out my 450 r.... he told me that the dealership has a dvx with exhaust and a jet kit in it, and he thinks that the dvx will walk all over mine.....i laughed at him and said bring it over.....should i be laughing or will the thing be competitive???? my quad has an hmf slip-on, +2 a arms, and 20" klaws on front, and 18" klaws on the rear....let me know what you guys think.....thanks, jason

loons
08-20-2004, 05:22 PM
You know a dvx is a z400 right? So the answer is...if you can ride you will smoke his ***.

Antnee77
08-20-2004, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by loons
You know a dvx is a z400 right? So the answer is...if you can ride you will smoke his ***.

What he said...have fun w/bragging rights. ;) :devil:

WhiteZee
08-20-2004, 05:34 PM
when i was stock, my friends LRD piped and jetted z400 had about a quad length on me. i now have an HMF slip-on, STOCK JETTING and i monkey whore him. if i rejeted it wouldnt even be funny. and then, if i still wanted to pull him even harder, i could pull my air box lid off.

nhyfzrider
08-20-2004, 05:39 PM
450vs.400 your friend is brainwashed into thinking that 400 is hell on wheels. smoke him, over and over again. let him win one race, then tell him you let him win, then smoke him again. dead engine start, he'll waste you. lol.

Antnee77
08-20-2004, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by WhiteZee
when i was stock, my friends LRD piped and jetted z400 had about a quad length on me. i now have an HMF slip-on, STOCK JETTING and i monkey whore him. if i rejeted it wouldnt even be funny. and then, if i still wanted to pull him even harder, i could pull my air box lid off.

I never realized that a slip-on did so much to a 450R...makes me rethink my modding ideas. :confused2

danyeo
08-20-2004, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by WhiteZee

I don't know how the heck your engine is running right without rejetting it. Just putting on a pipe won't give you any gains without rejetting. But a stock 450r should be able to beat a piped z400 anyway. Rejet your quad now, you are most likely running it lean which isn't good for the engine.

beak7707
08-20-2004, 10:17 PM
I dont think it would be anywhere close. I raced a DS650 with slip on, high rev box, filter, jetted, with my friends bone stock 450r and smoked the DS650's ***** time after time. And the 650 would lay it down on a z, kfx, dvx, so I dont see a dvx being anywhere close unless it is built up big time.

xsr_racing28c
08-21-2004, 01:42 PM
haha....yea thats what i thought all you guys would say.... i just wanted to give you all a little laugh .....it's funny how the people who work for a dealership get brainwashed into thinkin that everything they sell is the fastest and best out.......oh well, i just can't wait til he gets that quad out hear and i will tease him a little bit then just hand it to him , like it should be......thanks guys, Jason

WhiteZee
08-22-2004, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by danyeo
I don't know how the heck your engine is running right without rejetting it. Just putting on a pipe won't give you any gains without rejetting. But a stock 450r should be able to beat a piped z400 anyway. Rejet your quad now, you are most likely running it lean which isn't good for the engine.
my quad runs fine with stock jetting. i DID notice a decent gain with just adding the HMF slip-on. my local atv store is the quad shop, and they said their 2 450rs wouldnt run with even a 120 main jet, and told me to leave my jetting stock.

allmixedup047
08-22-2004, 09:47 PM
my stock 450r came with a 118 main jet in it. i have the hrc kit and a k&n and im running a little lean with a 185 main in and the clip on the needle on the second to the bottom. but the climate could have a different outcome with your jetting.