PDA

View Full Version : tc engine

devildriver422
08-20-2004, 04:53 PM
hey im jw how long it takes for tc to bore a cylinder ive heard he has so many engines it takes a few months and also if i just buy the kit and have a local machine shop do it will it have the same power?

nakomis0
08-20-2004, 06:02 PM
A bore is pretty much nothing. I'm sure you can find a local machine shop to do that.

I've never bored a cylinder in my life, but im positive with instructions and a bridgeport even i could do it. :)

devildriver422
08-20-2004, 06:27 PM
but will it get the same power as if he did it himself

Florida400EX
08-20-2004, 07:38 PM
A bore job is a bore job....

devildriver422
08-20-2004, 07:54 PM
yea true....so if i just order the kit and have a machine shop install it i will have the same power as if they installed it? and also do they have a site?

TC426EX
08-21-2004, 07:48 AM
There is no difference if you have TC do the boring, or a machine shop. The difference in power will come between the other mods. TC porting wont be the same as duncan, sparks, or a machine shop, nor will the lightened flywheel, or any other jobs that require a personal touch. The porting and head work is the main thing that makes a difference between engine builders. If all youre doing is boring it, it would be a waste to send it to TC. On the other hand, if you are doing more than that, it would be worth it. Just decide what compression and brand of piston you want, size of the bore, and get someone local to do it once you order the piston kit...

As for the website, Tcracingengines.com....it is not finished and wont give you any info. You need to call and talk to tom in person at the number below if you want to get ahold of him...

(814) 723-3514

devildriver422
08-21-2004, 08:56 AM
what is the turnaround time if i got it ported and lightened flywheel...also, are they needed and what do they do

Giz400ex
08-21-2004, 12:35 PM
It took me 5 months to get a kit from TC! He does good work but the turnaround time is just way to long. If your gonna have something done, send it to him in Dec or something so MAYBE you'll get it before spring. Compared to TC, I've had experienced with CT and they have a good turnaround time:D