PDA

View Full Version : 300 won't start

stickboy415
08-20-2004, 09:03 AM
My 300 won't start I think it might be the solenoid. I just put a new battery in it and when I push the button nothing happens. I can put a screwdriver across the solenoid and it starts. Some have told me it could be the button as well. Anyway to check it.

michigan rider
08-20-2004, 09:25 AM
i had the same thing happen a couple months ago, thought there was a bare wire shorting it out tore the whole wire harness apart and no bare wire! tested the battery the solenoid, starter button all where fine. so i went down to the local honda dealership and told them what was going on, they never heard of such a thing. i believe it is in the cdi box(only thing left) and asked them to check it, but they said they couldnt. so i just bought a dirt bike kill button and wired my solenoid directly, one solenoid wire directly to hot and the other up to the new button, then the other wire from the button to the frame...its been like this for about four months and havent had a single problem.
ps if you jump the sloenoid so the bike is running, does your starter button work like normal but once you shut the machine off the button does nothing??? cause thats what mine would do.
also because i race and have no need for the headlight, i simply removed the whole light/kill switch assembly, and mounted the new button there
hope this helps ya

michigan rider
08-20-2004, 09:32 AM
sorry should have read your post a lil closer...
to test the silenoid that the two smaller wire from it(they have bullet connectors) and breifly touch them to the battery if it clicks and the stator turns then its good.
to test the starter button you need a ohm meter, simlpy follow the wires down to the bullet connectors, and put each post an a lead from the ohm meter and push the button...key i believe has to be on, since its been awhile since i had to do it im not positive but pretty sure