PDA

View Full Version : 2 stroke carb on 4 stroke

SHADETREE101
08-20-2004, 05:30 AM
a friend of mine has a 38mm pwm keihin carb which is their race designed carb. i was just wondering if changing to this carb for a 400ex would cause any problems since it doesn't have a accelerator pump like the stock one or the fcr's. my 400 is a 416 je 11:2-1 piston , stage 2 cam , black diamond valves , 8 plate clutch , rev box , choke is out , mild port job.

what are the downfalls if any?

08-20-2004, 08:42 AM
IT won't work...:cool:

If thumpers could use 2 stroke quads that rely on the ventruri method they wouldn't put pumper carbs on them...;) Especially since pumper carbs are 3 times as much in cost..

Don't waste your time..

bradley300
08-20-2004, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Rico
IT won't work...:cool:

If thumpers could use 2 stroke quads that rely on the ventruri method they wouldn't put pumper carbs on them...;) Especially since pumper carbs are 3 times as much in cost..

Don't waste your time..

alright, who's usung rico's screenname? lol

Pvt. Maggot
08-21-2004, 12:52 AM
either monkeyboy got a little smarter..but not much..and got ricos password..or he had a few too many beers..either way that was def some grammer flaws eh?..hah...i've actually seen this done..but it was like hillybilly style..just made to work to start the motor..but its def not worth it..lol..but..if you can get it for cheap..you might be able to sell it for a decent bit more..and then buy a good carb :D