PDA

View Full Version : Drag Strip!

440ex2001
08-19-2004, 09:58 PM
I just got back from the drag strip and man was it fun! I've never been before to race my quad. It was big dog night and there where lots of people there. I didnt go as fast as I thought I would. It was an 1/8 of a mile and my first time was 10.77 @63.17
I stood it up off the line so that kinda screwed me up. The 2nd time I took off easier and didnt stand it up and I ran 10.57@ 63.20 The 3rd time I took off ok and then accindently down shifted to 3rd:huh that was kinda embarassing. The last time I went a few guy were talking to me about getting a good take off and how to get a better reaction time. They told me about staging "deep" on the line I tried that and I got a great jump and did pretty good until I went to shift to 5th at the end of the track I missed it on the first try but got it there for the fianl 30 ft of track and I ran a 10.22 @ 62.54mph. I raced a supped up blaster in that race and never saw him after we took off I think he went around 55 or so. There was also a predator and a banshee. The banshee wanted to run me for 200 bucks but I not crazy. The predator was pretty quick it ran 9.65 @68 he said it was bone stock. That was a cool feeling pulling up to the line with all those people watching (even if most of them didnt really care) I normally dont drag much but it was blast!

sportraxkid
08-20-2004, 01:16 AM
is a blaster the only bike you raced. banshee's really wope *** on pavement because there is so much wheelspin I wouldnt of raced him either lol.

440ex2001
08-20-2004, 05:23 AM
Yeah, there were only about 4 guys there the predator and banshee are way out of my league. The guy on the blaster wanted to run me so we did. I dont think the banshee ever made a pass. I would have liked to see the banshee and predator run.

sportraxkid
08-20-2004, 05:29 PM
do you think you could of took the pred I am getting the exact same setup as you are lol. how do you like it

440ex2001
08-20-2004, 06:34 PM
Dont let my signature fool you I bought the ported a polished from a race shop down in SC and my 440 kit is still sitting at the machine shop. So i havent installed them yet. I think if I re-geared and had he head on with the 440 kit and a stage II cam i would have got him. But he was all stock. The way my bike is now I'm sure it is capable of running in the high 9's casue I cant take off for chit. I was rolling out slowly so I didnt stand er up and make a fool og my self like I did on my 1st pass. I got down to 10.22. My buddy Keith is an excelent drag racer his take off is awesome if he drove it im sure he could take .23 off my time.

mikeboone
08-21-2004, 08:27 PM
Where you live in NC? I ran at Rockingham Dragway last season with my Drag 440- 8.14 at 78 mph in 1/8 with best of 1.70 60ft time. No nitrous. It was setup strictly for dragging--Billet drag shocks, FCR 41mm, lightweight front and slicks on rear. , plus 4 swingarm,etc You gotta gear it much higher than you would think for th best times. Your e/t sucks if you max out at 500ft mark. Let me know if you plan to run again--I may meet up with you guys to watch.

440ex2001
08-21-2004, 09:13 PM
I live in gibsonville the track is in nc. There arent that many quads down there to watch the most i've ever seen is 4 including me. How much quicker do you think my quad will be with the 440 kit a port and polished head and a stage 2 cam. I a,so know that I'll have to regear. I never hit the rev limiter so I might not have to.

440ex2001
08-21-2004, 10:33 PM
Piedmont dragway in Greensboro NC. They run every thursday. I left that out in my previous post:p

mikeboone
08-23-2004, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by 440ex2001
I live in gibsonville the track is in nc. There arent that many quads down there to watch the most i've ever seen is 4 including me. How much quicker do you think my quad will be with the 440 kit a port and polished head and a stage 2 cam. I a,so know that I'll have to regear. I never hit the rev limiter so I might not have to.

You can prolly knock off a second or so. I ran the Hotcam Stage II and outran everything from Banshees, Raptors,etc. Lowering w/ slicks plays a big part too.

When your ready To Port the head let me know; my Race shop had one well over 20 400ex heads for me since February of this year. He does the P&P; I beadblast them and install new valve seals, studs, and crush gaskets. Send me PM if interested.

Slick
08-24-2004, 09:24 PM
Hey, I am from like 15 mins north of Winston-Salem, I would like to ride out there sometime and check it out, I am getting a xtreme series s-10 to haul my 400 with here soon, and I might take the 400 and the xtreme out there and see what times they both get. I need to take my 3000gt out there one night too haha, too bad it has this prob going into 3rd gear, that would prolly knock off a second or so.

440ex2001
08-24-2004, 09:29 PM
heck yeah man, we need to get alot of people from this site and go out there. We will be sure to pull some other riders out of the wood work if they see a dozen or so quads there. Do you know of any Legal trails to ride around your area? How about MX tracks. Let me kow man I'm always looking for a place to ride. :)

440ex2001
08-24-2004, 09:35 PM
mikeboone, I think I may have bought a my head from you. The guy I bought it from lived near uwharrie and we talked about drag racing. I think I bought it from you off ebay.

mikeboone
08-25-2004, 08:39 PM
Yea, thats me. Check out www.atvnc.com Those guys ride everywhere. Be sure to sign up and do some posting.