PDA

View Full Version : first race some1 help

bansheeguy77
04-05-2002, 08:44 PM
k im entering my first "official" district 6 race at sleepy hollow any1 going to that?? anyways ive really only seen the track 1ce like 2 years ago but some of my friends are goin and they said they seen it and it rocks. so does anybody have any advice for me cause i have no clue about this track...ive ridden on a practice track but there aint like any real rythem sections or whoops or crap like that but i think i can handle it but always open for advice cause id really appreciate it and i know alot of u guys race alot. thanks :)

BLURR250X
04-09-2002, 09:54 AM
I've heard of sleepy hollow but never been there. I started running district 5 this year. So far in 2 races i've taken a 2nd and 3rd. I'm going to challenger raceway in Indian,pa this weekend if you know where that is.

killerkx327
04-16-2002, 01:09 PM
BLURR250X that was a real helpful answer.
well if you can't get the track and ride it before you race it,then your best bet is to be sure you show up early the morning of the race and walk the track and look for sections that you feel will be difficult. maybe walk it a couple times and look at it at different angles.
then when it's time to practice leave the gate last and take your time the first lap and feel it out then step it up on the next lap and just try to build your confidence with the next few laps. good luck

04-17-2002, 12:21 PM
Heres a tip,
have fun! just go out and race, dont try to place, just watch everyone else and do what they do. it will be alot of fun,
i just entered in my first race on March 10 at Atco Raceway
and i had a blast, i was 12 of of 15 overall, a bunch of guys wiped out in the second moto! ha it was great so i finished last but i didnt fininsh last cause they never fininshed so i got 10!
dude just go and have fun, your first race is always a learning experiance. go and have fun and dont be nervous, its all about having a good time with friends and family
ENJOY DUDE!

bansheeguy77
04-17-2002, 04:44 PM
thanks guys...i was all pumped got like 2 hrs of sleep...get there and go to sign in. well my dealer said u dont gotta be 16 to race there hes a big shot there he should know his stuff well the lady asks how old i am for my ama card. i said 15 but 16 in a few months well she starts half crying and tells a long speech about how they used 2 but some1 ratted them out to ama so u gotta be 16 now u cant lie anymore. she said this is 1 of the hardest things i gotta say but i cant let u race. she said coem back when ur 16 and i'd be glad to let u race. i was pissed but they were very nice about it so i let it slide. i gotta rip the dealers apart though. its good cause i got to see the track and see the lines and stuff so im set for july. plus i can save up and get more mods till then so its all good :) i cant wait