PDA

View Full Version : Horrible crash today

Toadz400
08-19-2004, 08:27 PM
Okay, today everyone was over at my house since I had the day off (thank God). We were all just cruising around and racing in my yard, having fun.

We built up a jump I have that is up the side of a small cliff into a step-up that was pretty fun to hit. Well my friend on his Blaster (which blew up today also) hit the jump and pulled a no footed can-can, well when he brought his feet back his right foot hit the seat so he was pretty much standing on one foot when he landed. He kinda just rolled over the seat and fell off and chased after his Blaster, he was just fine though.

Then we decided to head over to another friend's house who has a field with a nice natural hill-jump. There was two parts of the hill that we were jumping, the left side (Only Charlie hit it, it was his land and it was with his dirtbike because it was kinda weirdly shaped so a quad wouldn't jump too great on it) and the right side which was perfect for pre-loading and jumping at WOT 5th gear. Well, I was jumping my 400EX (which was going the farthest:D ) but it was starting to get hot so I stopped for awhile. I decided to take a friend's crf50 for a ride, so I was coming up the hill and as I flew over it (haha...okay so I didn't "fly" over it, no air at all..but I was speeding) and I see my friend Dan parked right where we usually land with someone's 300ex. So I swerve to the left and hit the front brake to keep from hitting him. So naturally on a dirtbike I laid it down and flipped a bit, then slid to a stop. I got up and my leg hurt like hell and my wrist wouldn't even budge because even thinking about it caused a sharp pain.

I sat off to the side and watched some people jump, I tried recording but I couldn't operate the camera because of my wrist. I don't think it's broken, so I'm not going to see a doctor about it...it's always a waste of time and money. It's going to suck tomorrow since I won't be able to use it at work...oh well.

Anyway, I don't think I've ever talked about Cody Austin on this name (probably on Flyin#3-1/2) a long time ago, but I lost that password and everything. This kid is a class A retard, I seriously think his mom drank a lot and did drugs while he was in the womb, because he came out seriously messed up. He studders a lot, has no common sense, and it just plain dumb. Well he rode his bike over to my house:huh , which is about 15 miles from his. So he was over at our friend's house and he wanted to record us jumping so we let him. At first he was recording in OK spots, out of danger at least. Then he ran over to the EXACT spot where Charlie was landing with his CR80. Well, of course not wanting to see someone die right now, I yell out to him "GET THE HELL OUT OF THE WAY!!" so he moves back and a second after he does, Charlie comes flying up and lands EXACTLY where Cody was standing. I don't have a doubt in my mind that he would've hit him dead center in the chest with his front tire, mostly likely ripping it open and killing Cody, while severely injuring Charlie.

So I was kinda proud of myself, just saved someone's life...that's probably a first. Well, Cody was being stupid so my friend Tyler grabbed his camera away from Cody. My friend Alex was riding around on someone elses 400EX, getting used to it and sorta jumping it on the hill. He finally got the balls to open it wide open and hit the jump, he's coming up the hill and Cody runs out! Right as Alex lands, SMACK and a sickening crunch! Cody got hit by the front tire/bumper, did a 360 like a ice skater, flipped over the handlebars hitting Alex and flipping over him, finally landing face-down on the ground...SCREAMING with his leg twitching up and down like he was having a seizure. He wouldn't stop screaming and I ran up to Alex and saw that he looked horrified, I probably would be too, he just hit someone doing about 40-45mph!! I kept telling Alex that it wasn't his fault AT ALL, Cody was the idiot who ran out and he KNEW that we were all riding there and that's where we landed...he was recording for awhile, so it was common sense not to run across when someone is flying up the hill. The only part we got on video was of Cody lying on the ground screaming with his leg twitching...

We believe Cody snapped the leg bone right before it connects to the ankle. It was pretty crazy...but the most horrible part about it though, and I really do believe I am going to Hell about this, is that I laughed...actually my friends and I kept cracking jokes, even though we weren't really trying to, and I was almost in tears laughing so hard on the way home. It's just that we have always been waiting for something like this to happen to this kid, it's amazing that it took this long though, but it finally happened and we're all in shock...but when we look at it, it's all because of his stupidity and lack of common sense that got him hurt. I'll probably be yelled at about that, but at the moment when I truely thought about it...it was hilarious, but of course I felt bad for Cody because his leg seemed pretty f'ed up.

I should've seen it coming though, I had stopped him from being hit once and I knew he wasn't smart enough to learn...also earlier in the day, he kept wanting to drag my friend and I on the 50's...and when we did he kept trying to box us in to make us run into the back of the quads. Crazy kid!

Well...I won't be riding for awhile because of my wrist, and I definately won't be riding around Cody anymore...

300exPat
08-19-2004, 08:59 PM
that blows :rolleyes:

flyin#5
08-19-2004, 09:02 PM
god that was funny... and kinda scary at the same time. everyone has said that if i were the one jumping at that time i would've taken his head off. oh well, guess he wont be biking over for a while.

Toadz400
08-19-2004, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by flyin#5
god that was funny... and kinda scary at the same time. everyone has said that if i were the one jumping at that time i would've taken his head off. oh well, guess he wont be biking over for a while.

Yea, if either of us were jumping (good thing I hurt my wrist) we would've taken his head off. I wonder why Danny couldn't jump as far as us? Must be my beastly 400:cool: .

And that "oh well, guess he won't be biking over for awhile." That's my line!:grr:

flyin#5
08-19-2004, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Toadz400
Yea, if either of us were jumping (good thing I hurt my wrist) we would've taken his head off. I wonder why Danny couldn't jump as far as us? Must be my beastly 400:cool: .

And that "oh well, guess he won't be biking over for awhile." That's my line!:grr:

haha, well its a good one that needs to be said. he even said that himself when i was brining his crippled @$$ home.

TheFontMaster
08-19-2004, 10:09 PM
Man I know some people that would do the same exact thing as that kid. All I can say is that I hope he learned his leson from that one, and don't ever take him riding with you again.

Big400EX
08-19-2004, 11:23 PM
Lmao, that wouldn't of been to good now would it. Thats funny that he rode 15 miles to have his leg broken. Did he ride back home too:blah:

Oh well, I hope he learned his lesson.

Toadz400
08-20-2004, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Big400EX
Lmao, that wouldn't of been to good now would it. Thats funny that he rode 15 miles to have his leg broken. Did he ride back home too:blah:

Oh well, I hope he learned his lesson.

Nah...Mike was nice enough to give him a ride home.

That reminds me...I need to pick up my 400:( .

mech_head6
08-25-2004, 01:47 PM
I wish i wouldn't have left like 5 minutes before this happened, i really figured he screwed my quad when he ran it out of gas.

Syrus
08-25-2004, 02:45 PM
No offence, but i think ur friend cody got what he deserved, you guy should not be fooling around on quads with a kid like that around, he sound like he just plain stupid about things. Its all fun and games till someone gets hurt, and that exactly what happend. Be more careful when u go out riding and jumping and make sure u have mature smart riders with you, so stuff like that doesnt happen ! Hope everything turns out fine tho.

lol
08-25-2004, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by 300exPat
that blows :rolleyes:

Toadz400
08-25-2004, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Syrus
Be more careful when u go out riding and jumping and make sure u have mature smart riders with you, so stuff like that doesnt happen ! Hope everything turns out fine tho.

Well, we did have mature smart riders with us...it's just that there was one retarded kid running around. And he really did get what he deserved, and I don't feel sorry for him at all. I guess he didn't break his leg, just bruised it and now he's walking fine and he even biked over to my friend's house to bug him again:huh . You would think a quad topped out hitting his leg would bust something...that kid must drink a sh*t load of milk!

Syrus
08-25-2004, 04:49 PM
hahahaah milk all the way !

quadracer511
08-25-2004, 07:49 PM
video?? sounds like itd be some cool footage

SGA
08-25-2004, 07:56 PM
I agree. Having a stupid idiot around will just get himself or someone else hurt. Keep him away. Next time it could be bad. Think of it as God giving you guys a warning.

LTandRaptorider
08-25-2004, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by SGA
I agree. Having a stupid idiot around will just get himself or someone else hurt. Keep him away. Next time it could be bad. Think of it as God giving you guys a warning.

or in another light... maybe God was trying to get rid of an idiot, and as we speak is working on another plan... :confused: :p

SGA
08-25-2004, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
or in another light... maybe God was trying to get rid of an idiot, and as we speak is working on another plan... :confused: :p
You ever hear of the Darwin Awards?:D

http://www.darwinawards.com/darwin/main.html

Toadz400
08-25-2004, 09:30 PM
Yea I agree it is God's way of trying to get rid of him, I'm hoping there's a better plan brewing up...:devil: .

My dad says that it's just nature's way of eliminating the weak/retarded ones. He told me that when I hit a crow with my mom's car...a murder of them were in the middle of the road, all of them flew away except for one...kept pecking away at the road until I was 10 feet away from it, then it started to fly away...well...it didn't make it:D .