PDA

View Full Version : Hey deathbringer.. I screwed up step 14...

LaSalleKid
08-19-2004, 07:21 PM
I stripped the bolts out.. what do I do? (yall try not to get too crazy on this thread) im kinda worried.. what do I do now? I have a drag race in 8 days (next saturday) and I have to get my jets put in... man I shoulda just let my shop do it again...I seem to f*ck everything up!!

AtvMxRider
08-19-2004, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by LaSalleKid
I seem to f*ck everything up!!

Like this thread:huh

nosliw
08-19-2004, 07:37 PM
try and get at them with some long needle nose pliers or find a flathead screw driver that will fit in one of the slots.

what you might have to do is remove the throttle tube and drill it out from the bottom if you can?

frosti108
08-19-2004, 07:40 PM
sorry i cant help you, but i have a question :)

what do you run 5s on? 8th mile? im curious because i plan on bringing my quad to the local strip sometime soon and im just wondering...

LaSalleKid
08-19-2004, 08:05 PM
I race on a 300ft drag strip. 100 yards long. I dont run a 5 flat yet but I will. Im around 5.2 and 5.3 right now..

I think youll run a little better than a 6 with your mods. Its a blast man youll have fun doing it. Thanks for the help by the way guys.

LaSalleKid
08-19-2004, 09:44 PM
Hey noswil..

What is the throttle tube exactly? I tried to grab it with some long needle nose pliars.. and hammer a small flathead screwdriver in there to get it to break but it woudlnt..it just rounded off more. Im readyto try removing the throttle tube and drilling it out now if I had some directions on what the tube was, where its located and what I need to do exactly. Thanks for being patient.

nosliw
08-19-2004, 09:52 PM
take off the black cover where the throttle linkage goes and remove the shaft that goes over the spring and through to where you can see when the top cover is removed (the screw to the far right in step # 14 is what holds it in place) once that is removed you should be able to remove the whole "tube".

i have my clymers out in my shed so i may not be exactly correct, but that is the jist of things...

PismoGuy400
08-20-2004, 01:52 AM
im not sure wtf u guys are talking about but i read somethin about tryin to use needle nose pilers...

a while back i stripped the hell out of a screw in the carb..after i tried everything i couple possible think of, i brought it to a family friend who is an excellent welder/fabircator.. anyway i had him weld a screw driver to the screw and locked on to the screwdriver w/ vice grips and i got it out... it was a pain in the @ss but it worked. and saved me from buying a new carb.

LaSalleKid
08-20-2004, 10:27 AM
Well I have already thought of that but I decided not to do it because there is gas all over my carb. No matter how much id try to get the gas off by cleaning it, there will still be some on there. I was deathly afraid, especially with my luck, if i tried to tack weld something to it, my whole carb would lite up in flames.

I dont see how yours didnt ? :confused:

PismoGuy400
08-20-2004, 04:07 PM
lmao.. that is a really good question, i wasnt there when he did it, but it got the job done.. but it wont be to bad.. if it goes up.. its small, just get some water. im thinking its worth a try, as long as its not hooked up to any hoses or anything w/ gas in them.

LaSalleKid
08-20-2004, 04:29 PM
If you dont see me post on this site anymore yall, dont worry about me. Go after pismo!!:D

PismoGuy400
08-20-2004, 05:29 PM
LOL... try lighting it up w/ a lighter first!

see what happens..

if you dont feel comfortable.. have someone else do it like i did, lol.

either way let me know how it goes.

LaSalleKid
08-20-2004, 10:03 PM
Will do.