PDA

View Full Version : How do I get the carb off ?

LaSalleKid
08-19-2004, 05:07 PM
Man I been trying awhile now and I cant get this one wire off the left side I dont know what its called I wasnt sure If I could take it off or not. I have just about the the other rubber hoses off but that last wire is being a b*tch. I promised myself I would do this jetting job myself instead of letting my shop break me again by charging so much. I need some help guys. If you look at this post, apprently you know something about carbs, so reply for me. Thanks.

ZSK
08-19-2004, 05:22 PM
Trace it back to where it starts. You should be able to jet the wheeler with the carb still on.

jjthekj
08-19-2004, 05:37 PM
I'm betting that if you follow that wire from the carb you will end up at the handle bars. Where I expect it will end is at the choke. (Which is probably actually a fuel enricher) If the end at the carb looks like a wire leading into a bolt assm., you should be able to put a wrench to it to break it loose, then unscrew it by hand. When you slide it out you should see that it's a plunger at the end of a cable and not a wire at all(while you hve it in your hand work the "choke lever" back and forth and you shold see what it is and what it does). Don't be afraid. Just pay attention when you take stuff apart and don't lose any pieces! With a little patience you will be amazed at what you can do yourself.:cool:

LaSalleKid
08-19-2004, 05:52 PM
Thanks for the replys, ill try what you said. How about on the throttle... where the screw goes into the carb. I broke it and screwed it all the way out (with the wire inside it)... but I have no clue as to how to get it off with breaking something. Anyone know? I would rather disconnect it from the carb, rather than the handlebars.