PDA

View Full Version : Tune up

Meeso
08-19-2004, 05:05 PM
I am kind of new to this, but really like the info I have received so far on this site. I don't ride my 4 wheelers as hard as it sounds like many of you do, but I love to keep them well-maintained and looking as new as possible.
I am going to try and do the Valves on my 400EX (just the break-in adjustment) on my own. I have done it on dune buggies and cars in the past and think I know a little about it but I am no mechanic...just mechanically inclined.
Are there any pitfalls I should look out for? I have different sized 4 wheelers for my family too, and taking them all to a dealership for the regular maintenance is out of the question. If there is a special tool or someone has found any problems doing this just out of their garage, please let me know. I would greatly appreciate the info.

300exOH
08-19-2004, 05:48 PM
http://www.exriders.com/techarticles/valves.html

Check here. It should explain everything.

MNTNMAN
08-20-2004, 08:12 AM
The first time I did the valves on my EX I followed those directions and everthing came out perfect. My only suggestion is to find feeler gauges that have about a 45 deg bend in them. It can be tough to get straight ones in the hole and get an accurate reading.