PDA

View Full Version : New Lower Price on Elka Economy Shocks

Silverfox@C&DRacing
08-19-2004, 11:58 AM
Yes thats right Elka now sells the Dual rate economy shock for $450 retail, Triple rate Economy $465 retail

mrnate400ex
08-19-2004, 12:33 PM
oh man, that sucks. i just got mine last friday. suppose i'm just out of luck huh???

08-19-2004, 12:44 PM
what was the price before? I wanted to get some for my 450r

Silverfox@C&DRacing
08-19-2004, 12:50 PM
mrnate you are correct I just got the fax today.
Previous retail Dual rate $515 Triple rate $525

Florida400EX
08-19-2004, 01:05 PM
I just ordered two sets one for my little bro, and one for my little little bro, one 3 weeks ago, and one like 2 days ago!! Where was this then :D

mrnate400ex
08-19-2004, 01:07 PM
ah well, i guess i'll have to live with it. i'm still very happy i bought them. my dune trip was a nice break in for them. boy they sure ride a lot nicer than the old stockers!!!!

huskerfan
08-20-2004, 05:55 PM
Hmmmm I just happend to make enough working over time for new shocks in that price range. I need some help though, I want to know if the elka economy shocks can be uprgraded in the future? I mean add rezzies and adjustibility (comp/rebound) added later. I cant afford $700-$800 for shocks but can afford 500, I want to try mx racing again (did 3 races once came home with 2 trophys and thrashed front stockers) I thought about works triple rate w/rezzies but really want elkas. If i work more over time I can add parts as i can afford it. anyone want to chime in on the differences between works and the high dollar brands?

PS I'm looking for resistance to bottoming on big jumps

Tommy 17
08-20-2004, 06:15 PM
husker yes u can upgrade the shocks latter with remote rezzy only... u can't add a piggy back bc u would have to replace the whole top of the shock...

u should be fine without the rezzys if u are a B class or under MX rider and u have some time between ur motos for the shocks to cool...

i wouldn't buy works if u are doing MX bc they only have 1/2 shafts instead of 5/8 shafts... they bend to easy plus they don't have SSD which REALLY helps on the MX track...

huskerfan
08-20-2004, 07:08 PM
Yeah I thought i had seen 5/8th shafts on works somewhere but must have been wrong. I just went thru some other threads about shocks and saw some works that had beeb pretzled pretty bad so that scared me away form works(sorry works, im sure you have a good product but i cant affoard to do that to new shocks). The races I did were at a reletively small track (no big doubles or table tops) and there were many more classes of 2wheelers than quads so the time between motos could be up to a few hours.

Looks like im callin C&D tomorrow!

I actually went to their shop a few years ago when i had first gotton my quad and was very pleased with what I saw (they let me go into the shop in back and see their personal quads and talked about the local riding area. So I feel if im looking for parts I should give them first shot and with that statement about the price I'm sure thats the lowest price Ill find this weekend

Tommy 17
08-20-2004, 08:24 PM
works pro series have 5/8th shafts but they also cost just as much as top of the line elka, axis, pep:o

Silverfox@C&DRacing
08-21-2004, 01:48 PM
I"m sorry I can't remember your name, but I am pretty sure I remember who you are and what you ordered if I remember right it was an exhaust,filter,jet kit for a 400ex and you came with your wife and kid. :D

You won't be disappointed with the Elkas

huskerfan
08-22-2004, 10:17 AM
Wow what a memory. that was like 2 years ago. My son, Colby, has a little sister now (Molly) hence the long delay in getting anything new for the quad.

How much are a set of triple rate with rezzies (no adjustabillity) retail? and what could I expect for shipping to 66535 in Kansas?

WE might be driving thru the area in a few months so it might be worth it to save some more $$ and just pick them up there. Or would I still have to pay shipping to your shop since Im sure you guys order them and have them shipped to your customers right from Elka.

Either way Im sure you have my bussiness, just want to know how much more it is to add rezzies later for the economy shocks or should I just work some more over time and just order the triple rate with rezzies all at once.

OH one more thing are the economy tripple rate for $465, is the 3rd spring the ssd or do the economy not have ssd?

sorry for the long post guys buts it easier than trying to call on monday when I'm supposed to be working