PDA

View Full Version : My friend wiped out his Raptor.

khen
08-19-2004, 10:30 AM
Last night my brother, a friend and I were practicing at a local track and my friend came around and hit a big table top and one of his Raptor's a-arms broke on landing sending him tumbling. He managed to drag himself off of the track when 2 other motorcycles that were following him came over the jump and smashed into the quad. I didn't know what happend until I looked over and saw the carnage. My friend got the worst of it, his hand was cut up badly and had other minor cuts and scraps. Both the bikes and the Raptor are pretty tweaked. I guess it could have been a lot worse.

Anyone ever see a-arms snap like that?

Freaky..

stiffy
08-19-2004, 11:17 AM
On our old Banshee the a-arms snapped and he was just doing a wheelie and they broke when he came down no wreck or anything. Nice quality craftmanship:rolleyes:

sportraxkid
08-19-2004, 11:52 AM
I have to friends with raptors and they have both been hospitalized on them. I fliped over the bars the first time I jumped a crapter out a sand mountain. what part of utah are you to from im from west jordan.

khen
08-19-2004, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by sportraxkid
I have to friends with raptors and they have both been hospitalized on them. I fliped over the bars the first time I jumped a crapter out a sand mountain. what part of utah are you to from im from west jordan. I live in Murray, my brother lives in West Jordan. We were at Deseret Peak Complex track(main track) in Tooele when he wiped out on the big 90' tabletop. I go to sand mountain a lot during the year, we'll probably be up there in a couple of weeks if the weather is nice.

khen
08-19-2004, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by stiffy
On our old Banshee the a-arms snapped and he was just doing a wheelie and they broke when he came down no wreck or anything. Nice quality craftmanship:rolleyes: Yea, scared the crap out of me.. I think I'll be inspecting my front end very closely before I ride the track from now on. I wonder if it had small cracks or something before he hit the jump.

TGW_400ex
08-19-2004, 12:49 PM
I know a kid w/ a 03 banshee that is well taken care of and the a arm rusted together and he cant get it off:rolleyes:

MY450R
08-19-2004, 12:52 PM
um wow thats real nice man
hope those guys are alright

cool 300ex
08-19-2004, 01:05 PM
Ouch i hope he gets better soon. I seen ball joints do that. One day my friend was flying like crazy on the a/c 500 and he turned aroudn to hit this jump but he back over this log to turn around and his ball joint went. He's lo=ucky that didn't happen going fast!

08-19-2004, 01:14 PM
i dont think raptors were meant to leave the ground

sportraxkid
08-19-2004, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
i dont think raptors were meant to leave the ground

lol we should meet out there I was out there on sunday and damn it was HOT! :eek2:

stiffy
08-19-2004, 02:10 PM
Wow everyone on this thread is from Utah I'm in West Bountiful.