PDA

View Full Version : razr mx? or klaws?

chris400
08-19-2004, 09:37 AM
i was hoping to get new rear tries soon for my 400, and i like both of these....i was wondering if one is better...

...can you help me out?:confused:

Silverfox@C&DRacing
08-19-2004, 12:07 PM
I have the klaws and like them I can't say on the razrs as I have not personally ran them. I think you are going to get a mix of answers to this question, so I would go with availibility and price.
or just get both :D j/p

TC426EX
08-19-2004, 12:38 PM
This is gonna be an apples and oranges post... I can tell you that the Razr MX is the best set of MX tires I have ever run besides grooved tamers... They last a long time (compared to crummy holeshots I killed in half a season), slide great, and grip very well in all soil conditions. I have only done 3 laps on my buddy's KFX with the Klaws and I wasnt impressed with them. They are heavier, and didnt hook up as well, but that is just MY opinion... There are surely gonna be people posting on here who love the Kenda's but they are not my cup of tea...

CTmxyfz
08-19-2004, 12:47 PM
my sponsors yfz had klaws and my yfz has razrs. I rode both the bike all day and i can say that i do not like the slide in the klaws simply because there isn't any. i had to slow down more in the corners in which i would actually be able to go faster with the razrs because they slide very well and keep power to the ground.

chris400
08-19-2004, 03:57 PM
k thanks guys, i was kinda thinking razrs anyway, so i'll get them...and my friends brother has a 90 and they last really long ...so that's a plus into when your buying tires.

ny300exrider
08-19-2004, 06:33 PM
yea im the one with the razr mx's on my brothers 90 and ive done countless burnouts(haha) on it and these things are still almost like new. when my tamers are shot im definitly going with the razr mx rears

RedRaider
08-19-2004, 08:07 PM
I guess i'll be the one to say get the klaws! If you do any kind of trail riding you might want to think about the klaws. I had a set of razr's and i couldn't go anywhere in the woods if it wasn't completely dry. But i'm sure other people think they are great trail tires.

Chanman420q
08-19-2004, 08:33 PM
Klaws have great traction, but theyre not a slider..... at all, they grip to much and dont give barely any wheel spin, i run razrs my self and dont have anything negative to say about them. now the klaw fronts are great tires, id take those over the razr fronts.

ny300exrider
08-19-2004, 09:24 PM
yep i agree with chan, klaw front and razr rear is a killer setup

ZRider400
08-19-2004, 09:43 PM
i ride sandy tracks..... and i recently bought razr mx front/ rear , and they hook up great!

they are a ton better than my old grooved tamers and holeshot fronts.

i'll never be goin back to tamers:o

flyingbyfast400
08-22-2004, 08:56 PM
I have mx razas and Ive tryed the klaws and i found that out to red bud which ive been riding for a bit now that the mxs tires slide great..... and sumtimes way to much manily by the newly added woops... but strigth line they do great and therealot of fun in grass cause u can do dounts all day long just like ur in snow.... and the klaws dont slide all to good for me inless i work hard on it and if i get them to break lose they slid real nice but getting them lose is the prob i found.... but its a tuff call... just all depends on what riding u do... or buy a set of both and go from there...... fix all probs... But i have mxs all the way around but ive ran Klaws up front and mxs and back great set up if u have a chance to do that go for it....

Toadz400
08-22-2004, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Chanman420q
Klaws have great traction, but theyre not a slider..... at all, they grip to much and dont give barely any wheel spin, i run razrs my self and dont have anything negative to say about them. now the klaw fronts are great tires, id take those over the razr fronts.

Actually, I have a problem with my Klaws sliding WAY too much. Everyone says the Klaws don't slide well at all...I think the exact opposite, at least they slide a lot better than stockers!

I've ridden on Razrs and those are awesome too, I'd just go with whichever tire you can get cheaper...

Dust_1503
08-24-2004, 03:41 PM
I've ran Razr mx and klaw mx on back and like both but prefer klaws. Since they are directional you can flip them to varying conditions. I found that when they are in the soft direction acting like a paddle they hook good on loose and have a decent slide in soft stuff, keep them in that direction on hard pack and they don't hook up too great and slide way too much, but filp them the other direction meant for hard pack and they bite very well and carve corners they don't slide a ton like others but they went where i wanted and didn't over slide or fight the slide. I ran them both directions with 8lbs in them. I like them they are cheap, wear very well, go with whatever your gut says. If you have the money go ahead and buy a set of klaws to just try, I don't think i'll go back to anything else.

Toadz400
08-24-2004, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by Dust_1503
I've ran Razr mx and klaw mx on back and like both but prefer klaws. Since they are directional you can flip them to varying conditions. I found that when they are in the soft direction acting like a paddle they hook good on loose and have a decent slide in soft stuff, keep them in that direction on hard pack and they don't hook up too great and slide way too much, but filp them the other direction meant for hard pack and they bite very well and carve corners they don't slide a ton like others but they went where i wanted and didn't over slide or fight the slide. I ran them both directions with 8lbs in them. I like them they are cheap, wear very well, go with whatever your gut says. If you have the money go ahead and buy a set of klaws to just try, I don't think i'll go back to anything else.

Very well said:cool: . They are also cheap compared to the other ones, only $40 a piece for 18" rears through C&D.

2001-400ex'er
08-25-2004, 11:34 AM
If i ran razr mx front and read ( 20 6 10 and 18 10 9) would i loose alot of top speed? Would a 36 rear sprocket help that out? Also would these work good for just about every type of riding ( trails, sand, mx, play riding around) thanks alot

Toadz400
08-25-2004, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by 2001-400ex'er
If i ran razr mx front and read ( 20 6 10 and 18 10 9) would i loose alot of top speed? Would a 36 rear sprocket help that out? Also would these work good for just about every type of riding ( trails, sand, mx, play riding around) thanks alot

You will lose some top end with the smaller rear tires. Right now I have a 14t front sprocket with 18" Kendas on the rear, I have NO top end. But my bottom end freakin' rules, awesome acceleration and wheelies like nothing so easily. A 36 rear sprocket would probably help that out, you could try 37 and 36 to see which one you like.